A New Holographic Tabletop Gaming Experience Is Hitting Kickstarter Soon
Spatial, the mixed reality gaming company that creates face-to-face entertainment through holographic projection, today announced their Kickstarter launch date of Aug 14th. The 30 day campaign aims to bring their new gaming platform to the consumer market.
A New Holographic Tabletop Gaming Experience
Spatial’s system merges the piece play from tabletop with the graphics and mechanics of mobile games creating what they call Mixed Reality. Spatial is one part gadget that converts a mobile device into a holographic gaming machine with a built in camera that integrates the physical pieces. The other part is an app that runs a host of games. Spatial Studios is joined by a growing set of content developers to create a mixed reality gaming market.
Social Interactivity Through Modern Devices
Spatial’s observation is that the gaming market is overflowing with massive, anonymous content that for many is growing tiresome. They believe a counter trend is brewing towards a more interpersonal, local experience. Their product aims to satisfy the inclination for people to play analog games around the table but enrich it with the graphics from mobile.
- Retail price – $60
- Proprietary App to project games
- Headset not required
- Comes with 5 mixed reality games – additional games can be purchased on Google Play and the App Store
- Physical game pieces – all physical play pieces are included and are reused across the games to spawn holographic images
- Integrated Joypad – Control holographic characters as they run, jump and frolic across your table using a familiar gaming joystick built into Spatial
- Powered by a standard mobile device – Supports iOS and Android devices including iPads, tablets, smartphone with including iPhone 6/ Samsung 6 and up