Alaskan Road Truckers Preview (Steam Demo)
For this Alaskan Road Truckers Preview, we experience life in the definitive trucker simulator. Deliver cargo to make our business a success. Get out of our truck to explore Alaska while maintaining our vehicle and preparing for treacherous conditions on the road.
Alaskan Road Truckers Preview Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 13.85GB Download size.
- Controller support.
- Graphics settings – resolution, screen mode, fps limit, view distance, anti-aliasing, foliage, post-processing, shaders, shadow, texture quality, vfx quality, and v-sync.
- Controller settings – Invert axis and sensitivity sliders along with the ability to rebound.
- Keyboard settings – can rebind controls.
- Steering wheel support.
- The gearbox can be set to automatic or manual.
- Truck driving simulator gameplay.
- Water, sleep, energy, and food systems in play.
- Parking cargo – freestyle, forward or backward.
- Roadblocks and hazards can happen, you can get out and remove/repair some hazards.
- Day and night cycle with snow weather.
- You need to use the heater to stay warm or you freeze to death.
- When you are tired your eyes close for a short moment making the screen black.
- Mini map and full map which can be toggled.
- Wing mirrors can be turned off and on.
- First-person view when out of the truck.
- Driver’s seat, out-of-truck, and two angled cameras make up your driving view choices.
- You can sleep in your truck to regain health, energy, and advance time.
- In bad weather, you can put snow chains on triggering a mini-game.
- Visit shops for supplies.
- You do basic maintenance of your truck out on the road like refilling the oil.
- Traffic does show up on the roads.
- When it’s snowing, putting on your full-beam headlights does cause the light to bounce straight back on you.
- Nice locations.
- Pressing a button can show all Interactive points depending on where you are.
- The radio is two choices – in-game soundtrack and Internet radio.
Alaskan Road Truckers Preview Cons:
- No Steam achievements, this is an FYI as it’s a demo.
- The controller is not optimized with the right stick acting as an oversensitive cursor and buttons all over the place.
- The delivery parking of cargo is really bad and unclear. I parked in the lines with a five-star rating but it still didn’t count and in the end it was so frustrating I just turned the game off.
- The game music is really bad.
- Controls are loose and not because of the snow.
- The roads feel way too narrow.
- Any view is either too close or too far away.
- Parking as said is a nightmare.
- So many systems and bars to manage.
- The detail of the interior of the truck looked blurry and fuzzy despite playing on the highest graphics settings.
- The tutorial pop-ups are not that clear, especially on hooking a trailer up.
- If you have no cargo then you don’t get any consequences for smashing into things or police being called.
- The world doesn’t feel alive in any way.
- Very easy to damage your cargo.
Related Post: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Review (Steam)
Alaskan Road Truckers:
Developer: Road Studio Games
Publisher: Green Man Gaming Publishing
Store Links –