Atari and Jeff Minter to Unleash Vibrant Geometric Prisms and Retro Techno Tracks with July 17 Release of Arcade Shooter Tempest 4000
Iconic video game publisher Atari announces today the release date for an all-new entry to one of the most popular arcade games of all time! Prepare to EAT ELECTRIC DEATH when the visually stunning, action-packed arcade shooter Tempest 4000 releases for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on July 17, 2018!
Tempest 4000 sees the return of legendary game designer Jeff Minter for a faithful and thrilling sequel nearly two decades in the making! The powerful Claw spacecraft returns, fully equipped to destroy deadly creatures and other obstructions with rapid-fire shots on vibrant geometric prisms. A healthy dose of neon colors and fast-paced shooter gameplay set to an adrenaline-pumping techno soundtrack awaits existing fans and new audiences in this collaborative love-letter project from Minter and Atari!
Tempest 4000 Key Features:
- Arcade Style Shooter: Blast down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced, arcade-style shoot ‘em up.
- Unparalleled Graphics: Experience Tempest 4000’s mind-blowing graphics in beautiful 4K resolution.
- Multiple Game Modes: Pick from three different game modes including Classic, Pure and Survival that will push your skills to the limit.
- Level Up: Progress and clear through 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and earn upgrades through bonus rounds.
- Climb to the Top of the Leaderboards: Post your high score in your quest to be recognized as number one on the leaderboards.
- Retro Techno Soundtrack: Enjoy the beats of a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990’s techno.
- Old School Gameplay: Feeling nostalgic? Relive the traditional gameplay of the original Tempest with enhanced graphics on current generation consoles.
Tempest 4000 is rated E for Everyone and will be available for purchase on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $29.99 (USD) and on Steam for Windows PC for $19.99 (USD).