Avenging Spirit Review (PlayStation 5)
For our Avenging Spirit Review we play as a spirit and as a spirit, we the player must save the girlfriend from a mysterious crime syndicate, so he can finally rest in peace. Possess one of four characters with unique abilities at the start of the game. You can attack (or possess) enemies, collect power-ups, and defeat bosses to advance.
Avenging Spirit Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 109.7MB download size.
- Two game versions – Avenging is the International name and Phantasm is the Japanese name with original gameplay and language.
- Two ways to play – optimized modern mode for 1 player and the original arcade game that supports 2 players.
- Rewind speed – adaptive, 1x and 2x.
- Display settings – fullscreen, 4:3 DAR, Perfect, Perfect 2x, and perfect 1x.
- Scale filter – none, crispy and soft.
- Colour settings – RGB, Black and White, BGR, BRG, RBG, GRB and GBR.
- CRT settings – mask type, mask intensity, scanline intensity, sharpness, curvature, trini curve, corner round and CRT gamma.
- Can rebind controls.
- State save and state load.
- Four difficulties – Easy, normal, hard and hardest.
- Brilliant soundtrack.
- Proper arcade experience.
- Big Chunky sprites.
- Levels are big enough to house secrets and alternate routes.
- You play as a ghost and can takeover any character in the game and become them.
- Good wholesome arcade action.
Avenging Spirit Review Cons:
- Hard to see platforms at times.
- No museum piece.
- Difficult in places.
- You don’t see a lot of the screen ahead of you.
- Enemies respawn back very quickly.
Related Post: Turrican Anthology Volume 2 Review (PlayStation 4)
Developer: City Connection
Publisher: Ratalaika Games S.L.
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Good old proper gaming, no fancy graphics or Hollywood stage writing, Just big Chunky characters shooting each other for no reason! In Avenging Spirit you are a ghost that can take control of anyone in the game and that is fucking cool! The soundtrack is old school yet brilliant, the gameplay is weird at first but then a proper arcade experience. With two versions of the game married to two ROM versions makes it a really good game and one that just instantly takes you back to a different time. Go get it.