Backwards-platformer Spoiler Alert comes to iOS on December 16
tinyBuild Games, the studio that brought you best-sellers No Time to Explain and SpeedRunners, will soon subject the iOS App Store to Spoiler Alert, a one-touch platformer that starts at the end and drags you right back to the beginning. The game will launch on the App Store on December 16.
The big bad boss has been defeated, you’ve collected all the coins, and the princess has been saved. Now it’s time to do it all again – but in reverse, making sure to uncollect every coin and unkill every enemy, to avoid any nasty time paradoxes. Don’t worry – there are no awkward virtual d-pad controls to be found here. Spoiler Alert keeps it nice and simple, with reverse-jumping a simple tap of the touch-screen.
This comedy platformer from Danish studio MEGAFUZZ, as honored at the Indie Prize Europe 2014 Awards, is perfect touch-screen fodder, with hilarious gameplay and hand-drawn visuals that match the outlandish premise. Throw in 100 levels set across four unique worlds, epic boss battles, oodles of ridiculous upgrades, an original soundtrack from Roland La Goy, plus a SpeedRun mode for challenging your friends, and you’ll be unjumping and undodging with rampant enthusiasm.
- Spoiler Alert is a backwards platformer about avoiding time paradoxes
- Classic platforming redefined, with simple one-touch controls
- Boss fights, upgrades, 100 levels across four worlds, and a speedrun mode for challenging your friends
- Spoiler Alert was voted Most Promising Game, and was nominated for Most Innovative Game, at Indie Prize Europe 2014
- This is tinyBuild’s first foray into the world of mobile games