Black Skylands Preview (Steam Early Access)
Set sail with our Black Skylands Preview, as we build our skyship and explore the open world, fight factions of pirates and monsters, and claim your territory by foot or by your flying vessel. You’re the captain and the sky is the limit in this skypunk Open World action adventure!
Black Skylands Preview Pros:
- Decent pixel art graphics.
- 1.27GB download size.
- Two boot options – play the game or play the versus mode.
- Graphics settings – resolution, fullscreen, animated clouds, fps cap, camera offset slider, and v – sync.
- Can rebind controls for both keyboard and the controller buttons.
- 5 save slots.
- Opening and ongoing tutorials.
- Adventure gameplay.
- Top-down view.
- You have your own ship where you need to repair it fly it and store items in its Hull.
- Hookshot allows you to grapple around the world and grab ledges and even attack enemies.
- Beautiful locations to explore.
- On-screen icon prompts.
- Twin-stick shooter controls.
- Smash up and harvest resources.
- Health bars show for you, the ship, and your enemies.
- Tips appear on the menus.
- Save when you want.
- Mission marker helps with navigation.
- Cutesy animations.
- In-game cutscenes.
- Easy to get into thanks to simple controls.
- Transfer cargo from your ship to the warehouse through the menu if you are close enough.
- The tablet is your main tool allowing you to check the map, set markers, use the inventory, journal entries, and any notes.
- Main Father ship is your hub and you can build new facilities and services.
- Move parts like benches, trees, and lights around, or steal them for your hub.
- The airship needs fuel and you can buy fuel by using an empty container.
- Buy and sell items.
- With weapons, you can have 3 equipped at once.
- Luma is a butterfly-looking sidekick that you can have carry items back to the ship’s cargo Hull.
- Liberate Islands and locations by killing all the enemies.
- Real-Time is used for building and growing.
- Gameplay is open enough that you can kind of do what you want.
- Modify and upgrade weapons and every aspect of your airship.
- Currency can be found in boxes, barrels, and drop from enemies.
Black Skylands Preview Cons:
- No Steam achievements.
- Slow starter.
- A lot to take in constantly.
- The combat is really sloppy and mashy.
- Not always sure what you are doing.
- It takes ages to get going in terms of finding resources and knowing what to build.
- Forgettable story.
- Characters look cool but feel thrown away.
- The top-down view can hinder your ability to see tho gs like pickups or doors.
Related Post: Mini Metro Review (Steam)
Developer: Hungry Couch Games
Store Links –