Black Widow Recharged Review (Xbox Series S)
Join our Black Widow Recharged Review as we defend our spider web from an onslaught of bugs in this frenetic revival of the cult classic twin-stick shooter, all while jamming to an infectious original score by Megan McDuffee. Play solo or tag in a friend for local co-op across 30 unique challenges or the endless arcade mode.
Black Widow Recharged Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 687MB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Own in-game achievements.
- Shmup gameplay.
- Two modes – arcade and challenges.
- Local co-op support.
- Controller settings – Invert axis and sensitivity sliders, vibration, and vibration strength.
- Colorblind support.
- Online leaderboards for arcade and each of the challenges in challenge mode.
- Controls are shown on the pause menu.
- Quick restart option.
- Can play it as a twin-stick shooter.
- The game plays out on a spider Web and you need to shoot all the bugs and push eggs off the Web before they hatch.
- Power-ups can be collected.
- Uses the same menu system as the recently released Centipede Recharged.
- Tight controls.
- A lot of fun.
- Highly addictive.
- Arcade mode is basically endless mode.
Black Widow Recharged Review Cons:
- Cannot rebind controls.
- Takes a bit of getting used to due to the Web shapes.
- No online co-op.
- no original graphics mode.
- Doesn’t have a lot of history on the game.
Related Post: Jumanji The Videogame Review (PlayStation 5)
Black Widow Recharged:
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Following on from the Centipede Recharged release from a few weeks ago we have Black Widow. The game is an arcade shoot wm up where you play on a spider Web and need to kill bugs as they randomly spawn on the Web, at times eggs will appear and they need to be pushed off before they hatch because bad things happen. One really cool feature they have added is the fact that you can play the game as a twin-stick shooter and for me, it’s the proper way to play the game, it’s such a tight frantic shooter that you need the accuracy of the right stick. Black Widow has your industry-standard arcade mode which is fine but the challenge is where it’s at as it has you do things like go pacifist and kill no one for X amount of time or kill so many bugs in the limit or some of the Web is unavailable. I would always put the game on and time would just evaporate faster than my dreams of making it big. Again the guys have done an amazing job at getting this game updated and it’s a really good game that caters to retro gamers and Shmup fans alike.