Blackguards 2 Review (Nintendo Switch OLED)
For this Blackguards 2 Review, three years have passed since Count Uria´s plots. The Vanquishers of the Nine Hordes long parted ways but life in Aventuria went on. Cassia, a young woman of noble descent, has only one goal: She wants to claim the Shark Throne, no matter the price; and be it only for one day.
Blackguards 2 Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 7.3GB download size.
- Action strategy gameplay.
- 3 difficulties – Easy, normal, and hard.
- Game speed setting.
- Strong voice work.
- The game plays out over Hex boards and this governs actions like moving and attacking.
- Save/load when you want.
- Buy/sell loot.
- Earn AP and spend on upgrading your stats.
- Interact and use the environment for an edge.
- Clear turn-based order is shown.
- Turn-based combat.
- Collect treasure chests for bonus rewards at the end of the dungeon.
- Tutorial pop-ups as you play.
- Button shortcuts for menus.
- Befriend a spider and name him, use him and talk with him.
- Play how you want.
- Full team-building with recruitment and seeing their actions and behaviors.
- The environment can be broken and opens up new routes and areas.
- The combat is very satisfying.
- Full character creation is available as you build and shape your character how you want.
Blackguards 2 Review Cons:
- Takes a long time to get going.
- The tutorial pop-ups do slow the pace down a lot.
- Steep learning curves.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- No touchscreen support.
Related Post: Autonauts Review (Nintendo Switch OLED)
Developer: Daedalic Entertainment
Publisher: Daedalic Entertainment
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Blackguards 2 is a very dark gritty strategy game, it has an old-school approach in its simplicity but also in its ever-scaling difficulty spikes. This is a game that plays out in very unique ways because you do have so much control in how the story progresses and this is through conversational choices and combat. I didn’t hate the game but it was a big ask because you really need to knuckle down early and sit through pages of text for tutorials, get used to how the combat all pans out and the world’s themselves, for they are as much a. Character as your party. Smash walls, hit levers, and generally explore new routes and secrets and it drastically changes how it goes down. I like how you befriend a spider and recruit new members, and it’s the whole vibe of it all, it never feels like a huge step up but more a proper old-school affair with a few niggles. Luckily as it’s on a handheld you will be much more forgiving and willing to come back time after time. Blackguards 2 is a brutal old-school strategy game that will twist your skills like never before with its strong choose your own adventure style.