Blastful Review (PlayStation 4)
Blastful is a fast-paced arcade shoot-em-up in which you will enjoy crazy shooting action in procedurally generated retro-like visuals featuring cyberpunk flavored techno-beats.
- Decent graphics.
- 332.4MB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Works on Playstation 5.
- 3 difficulties-easy, normal and hard.
- Controller settings- snap aiming and use controller to aim.
- Shmup gameplay.
- Simple controls.
- Visual style changes from level to level and once unlocked you can choose the starting visuals from the menu.
- Boss fights.
- Colourful missile trails.
- Power-ups like shields and health can be collected.
- Brightness slider.
- Can just hold down the fire button.
- You can restart a level whenever you want and change the visual styles.
- Drum and bass soundtrack.
- Controller aiming allows you to aim with the right stick.
- Easy Platinum trophy.
- Trophies seem to be doled out over time rather for doing anything.
- No actual tutorial.
- Small enemies make it hard to see and shoot.
- You can not shoot any enemies and do just the boss to finish the level.
- No leaderboards.
- No replay value.
- Only a handful of enemy types.
- Right stick movement is not good and is not accurate.
- Power-ups actually make the game way too easy.
- Graphics - 6/106/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
Blastful is a Shmup game that is trying to reminisce the feeling and gameplay of the older shmups but its own worse enemy. Blastful is not fun to play with its small enemies, constant projectiles, and a lot of time coming from off-screen, the power-ups are not needed and the fact you can just ignore all enemies and do the boss with your power-ups within seconds, it’s crazy. I didn’t enjoy it at all and yes I got a platinum for just playing through the game but it has scoring but why? You can’t upload scores to a leaderboard and it doesn’t even have a local one! I just don’t get what Blastful is trying to do because it falls short in every way and it’s just not fun. Hey get it if you want an easy Platinum but that is it and I wish it wasn’t but here we are.