Blocky Farm Review (Nintendo Switch OLED)
For the Blocky Farm Review, where we enter the charming world of Blocky Farm where you can manage your lands, take care of animals, harvest fields, deliver goods to the town, and create friendships with citizens. Create the farm of your dreams and grow big! Start your village life today!
Blocky Farm Review Pros:
- Big Chunky voxel cartoon graphics.
- 313MB download size.
- Own in-game achievements.
- Game settings – Auto hide Hud, eco mode production clouds, weather, and chests counter.
- In-game cutscenes.
- Set your farm name and character portrait.
- Farming game.
- Earn stars from quests and level up to get new items and buildings.
- Arcade approach.
- Online leaderboards.
- A farm diary keeps track of unlocked animals, buildings, and items.
- Choose from a cat or dog pet, that acts a bit like a Tamagotchi as you need to feed, play and look after them and they have meters.
- Collect building upgrade cards to unlock building bonuses and new looks.
- The truck will deliver completed orders.
- The orders board shows what they want and the rewards they get.
- New buildings unlock as you play.
- Buy, sell, and trade your produce.
- As you level you get the ability to expand, blow up rocks, and cut down trees.
- Daily (in-game) challenges with optional ones.
- Loot chests are given as rewards.
- Everything is done in real-time.
- Simple swipe-over control system for harvesting and planting.
- Drive the vehicles.
- Birds that fly around will randomly have loot chests you can click for them to drop.
- As you expand you reach new places of interest like shops, tractors, Wells, towns, railways, and more.
- Day/night cycle.
- The game just keeps giving and giving.
- Gets very very addictive.
- So much playtime.
- Different weather types.
- No harming or farming of animals themselves.
- Happy soundtrack.
- A massive timesink.
- Click on something and you get a radial menu to help with accessibility.
- Make friends and improves your friendship level for unique rewards.
- Perfect fit for the handheld.
Blocky Farm Review Cons:
- So much to take in.
- The menus are a nightmare as you don’t get a clear indicator of what you are picking.
- Playing with a controller is not ideal at all.
- Slight performance hitches.
- You can easily feel and get overwhelmed.
- The gameplay loop is simple and has little variation.
Developer: Jet Toast
Publisher: Forever Entertainment
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10