Bot Gaiden Review (PlayStation 5)
For our Bot Gaiden Review, and this game is not for the faint of heart, Bot Gaiden is all action, execution, and speed! Ninja robots Robyu and Bytron race to recover the power skulls that each of Giorqio’s 6 Hench-bots has stolen. Slicing everything in their path, they must reach their destination quickly. The Hench-bots grow stronger with time and exposure to the skulls. The faster you go, the easier the fight! However, going faster means putting yourself in harm’s way and trying to figure out the most efficient path through each stage.
Bot Gaiden Review Pros:
- Cartoon graphics.
- 1.03GB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- You get the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation 5 versions of the game.
- 2D action platformer gameplay.
- Graphics effect – Pixel, CRT, and none.
- Cartoon style cutscenes.
- Four save slots.
- Four difficulties – Casual, normal, hardcore, and ludicrous. determines to knock back and enemy damage along with the enemy count
- Seven stages and six of them are unlocked so you can pick and choose.
- Fast-paced platformer.
- The combat is akin to games like Strider or Shinobi.
- Gears are power-ups that give you temporary abilities like hyperspeed or double jump.
- Big end of level boss fights.
- It does have checkpoints until you lose all your lives then it’s a level restart.
- Quick restart button.
- Simple controls.
- You can dodge, attack, wall-climb, and glide as standard.
- Unlock rewards based on your level of clear time.
- Deflect projectiles with your sword.
- Local two-player support.
- Excellent presentation.
- Air cancel button to negate falling after being hit.
- Health bar and health pickups system.
Bot Gaiden Review Cons:
- Difficult no matter the setting.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- Falling off the screen is easily done and instant death.
- Little replay value.
- Small play area making it claustrophobic.
- No online play or leaderboards.
Related Post: The Unliving Preview (Steam Early Access)
Developer: SwordSwipe Studios
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Bot Gaiden is a fun fast-paced platformer that has a strong feeling of Shinobi and Strider. It’s a concept that is fun to play but is difficult mostly because it is a small window of play with many platforms and big enemies. Bot Gaiden is a game you would boot up and play in one sitting, have fun but may not get back to it again. It is not a bad game at all it just has a lot of little niggles. Basically, it has the heart of a Strider game but the difficulty and precision needed from a Megaman game.