Are you ready for an alien invasion? Whether or not possible alien probe Oumuamua is actually heading toward Earth to exterminate humankind, extraterrestrial experts agree that it’s important to be prepared. One of the best ways to be ready for a possible alien invasion is by honing your blasting skills on shoot ’em up games. In an effort to save the planet, Tozai Games announced today that it has opened up store pages for the upcoming release of R-Type™ Dimensions EX. The classic shmup will be launching worldwide on Nintendo Switch™ and Steam on November 28, 2018, and the game will be available at a 20% discount (reduced from $14.99 to $11.99) for Switch pre-orders and during the first week of sale for both Steam and Switch, allowing humans everywhere the opportunity to hone their skills before the first wave strikes.
R-Type Dimensions EX store pages will be opening today for Switch and Steam at:
R-Type Dimensions EX includes both acclaimed arcade classics initially published by Irem, R-Type (1987) and R-Type II (1989). Each title can be played in classic mode with the original 2D graphics and retro music, or with hi-res 3D graphics and remastered audio.
For the sake of humanity, go get R-Type Dimensions EX soon…
Oumuamua isn’t going to wait!
Three new features will be introduced in this edition: Full Power-Up Mode, which allows players to power their ships to maximum weapon in Infinite Mode; Fast Forward, the ability to speed up the game in any mode; and crystal-clear 1080p resolution. The Switch version will also feature in-game achievements.
Additional features of R-Type Dimensions include:
- Two complete games – Includes all eight original R-Type levels and all six original R-Type II levels
- Multiple gameplay options – Switch between hi-res 2D/3D graphics with revamped music, or play the classic versions with the push of a button
- Infinite Mode and Level Select – Learn the levels inside and out for the perfect 1CC runs
- Co-Op Mode – Two players can play together “couch co-op” style or add collision for competitive play
- Slow-motion play function – Weave through bullets and enemies with ease
- Custom controller configuration – Change the button layout to match your play style