Coromon Review (Nintendo Switch OLED)
For our Coromon review, we follow the story of an aspiring researcher joining the technologically advanced organization of Lux Solis. You’ll be assigned to a specialized team called the Titan Taskforce, and you are tasked with investigating the six Titans known in the region of Velua.
Coromon Preview Pros:
- Nice pixel art graphics.
- Download size.
- 3 save slots.
- Own in-game achievements called Milestones that reward EXP.
- Pokemon-style gameplay.
- Text speed option.
- Optional opening battle tutorial.
- Turn-based combat.
- Earn EXP and level up your Coromon to get points to upgrade their stats.
- Learn and unlearn new attacks and abilities.
- Character creator and name can also be randomized.
- Four difficulties – Easy, normal, hard, and insane.
- Can rebind controls.
- Stats section.
- Database fills in as you collect Coromon.
- Colorblind support.
- Game settings – Autorun, nickname entry, Coromon summary, easy battles/encounters/trainer battles, reduce flash intensity.
- Photo mode.
- Save when you want.
- Online saves are optional.
- Scents – used to attract or repel Coromon.
- Items to heal wounds and take away elements like freeze or burn.
- Spinners – used to catch Coromon and come in different styles to catch or increase your chance of catching Coromon or certain Commons in particular.
- Fast travel points.
- The game has its own battle pass type system whereby earning EXP will fill the bars and unlock rewards.
- Hidden and some not-so-hidden caches to find rewards in the world.
- Puzzle elements.
Related Post: Thrustmaster T248 Review (Xbox/PC)
Coromon Preview Cons:
- It is a Pokemon rip.
- Takes a little while to get used to it all.
- The random fights can get overwhelming and repetitive.
- The pool of Coromon feels small initially as you get the same ones over and over.
- Slow starter.
- The game asks for data collection from your account which is weird.
Publisher: Freedom Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10