“Death Coming” to launch for free next week on Epic Games Store
NExT Studios’ freak accident puzzle game Death Coming will be launching on the Epic Games Store on May 7th. The game will be free to download for a week, before going full price afterward. Death Coming is a non-linear puzzle game where the player obtains the Reaper’s powers to experiment with ordinary objects and create extraordinary demises.
As the Reaper, the player will aim to recover its memories by producing accidents, with gameplay that is reminiscent of films like the Final Destination series. Embody the sinister hand of destiny by opening manholes, dropping air conditioners, and messing with beehives to bring more souls to the afterlife.
● Isometric ‘God’ Perspective. View your hunting grounds from a top-down perspective. Follow the lives of your targets and those out to stop you.
● Non-linear Design. Start with any character you want, and solve the puzzles in any order you like within the limits of the traps and weather conditions.
● Observe, Plan, Act. Observe the victims to find out their behavior and trigger traps at the right moment to be more efficient. The better you know their routines, the better you can prepare your moves.
● Reactive AI. Humans will hang around spots they like and will change their actions and behavior when something happens to them, such as seeing someone fall.
● A Particular Sense of Humor. From suburbia to missile factories, there’s always a wacky way to wreak havoc.
In addition to the launch of Death Coming on Epic Games Store, NExT Studios is currently running a beta phase for their upcoming animated roguelike RPG Crown Trick. The company will also give away Steam key bundles for free, with each bundle containing five of the developer’s top games: Unheard, Bladed Fury, Iris.Fall, Biped and Death Coming. The “Internet High 5 with NExT at Home” giveaway event will take place from Friday, May 1st to Tuesday, May 5th and Players only need to stay updated on NExT Studio’s Twitter for details on how to enter.