Death Roads Tournament Preview (Steam Early Access)
For our Death Roads Tournament Preview, Combine deadly racing, deckbuilding, and roguelike style to get car battles unlike anything before! Choose a driver, car, weapons, and sponsors to overcome tactical encounters. Adapt to an ever-changing race to come out on top and earn entry into the last safe haven in the Divided States of America.
Death Roads Tournament Preview Pros:
- Nice graphics.
- 914.42MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics settings – resolution, v-sync, anti-aliasing, render scale, fullscreen, props spawn rate, and graphics quality preset.
- Game settings – Auto execution of actions, game speed slider, camera shake strength slider, and localization.
- Card battler gameplay.
- Opening tutorial section then pop-ups for the rest of the game.
- Eight total drivers to unlock each with unique driver cards, starting gadget, and a skid deck.
- The game takes place on a highway and each character is in a car. Each round you play your cards to ultimately destroy the other drivers.
- Slick animations.
- Apocalyptic setting.
- Simply click on the cards to play controls.
- Eight total cars to unlock each with unique starting decks and attachments like guns and Shields.
- For every run you choose your starting position on the map level selects and a sponsor. Sponsors give buffs.
- The map level selection lets you choose your route and each location is either – a city, an event, or a battle.
- You are racing other drivers who are on their own routes.
- Each round you get X amount of new cards to make your hand up to six.
- Along with the cards you also get the special higher-spec driver cards that have a limited use in a game.
- New car parts not only change stats but also add new cards to your deck.
- Choose one of three random rewards after a game.
- Outrun enemies and leave them behind to escape from them but you can only do it X amount of times before you get disqualified from the tournament.
- Slow-motion kills.
- Multiple choice encounters.
- You can equip new parts from the rewards screen.
- Additional enemies can spawn and attack you.
- Debris and environmental hazards can appear. (you get a warning and turn notification)
- You can see what a card can do and where it attacks before you play it.
- Events have their own set of multiple-route encounters.
- The garage is where you can view cards and sort out your deck and Vehicle in between levels.
- Fast loading times.
- A full breakdown of your run at the end.
- Overall player level, earn exp from playing.
- Cards dictate the length and direction of attacks.
- You can ram cars aswel as using weapons and Gadgets.
- Level up to get new cars, characters, and components.
Death Roads Tournament Preview Cons:
- Cannot rebind controls.
- No controller support.
- Unskippable opening cinematic.
- The music gets repetitive.
- Bringing up a card/vehicle description fills the entire screen.
- A lot to take in like learning the parts, currencies, and icons.
- Outside of combat, the game feels quite empty and lifeless.
- It never feels like I have a playable card half the time.
- The tutorial is very basic.
- No undo the last turn option.
- Very easy to accidentally play a card.
- Takes a while to get going.
Related Post: Terra Nil Review (Steam)
Death Roads Tournament:
Developer: The Knights of Unity
Publisher: The Knights of Unity
Store Links –