Degrees Of Separation launch trailer released
Triple-I publisher Modus Games and developer Moondrop have released the launch trailer for 2D puzzle platformer, Degrees of Separation, ahead of the game’s launch on February 14, 2019. Cleverly weaving in the different stages of a relationship amidst a touching narrative, Degrees of Separation launches this week on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Steam.
With one protagonist wielding the forces of heat and the other manipulating cold, players will work together with a partner or friend (or even go solo, controlling both protagonists in tandem) to overcome puzzling obstacles while exploring a lush fantasy world. Can two opposing forces truly coexist and grow closer with such polarity between them? Each of Degrees of Separation’s worlds explores a different stage of a budding relationship – ranging from trust to anger – incorporating varying emotions and gameplay mechanics that change how players must approach each area they traverse. From the ability to create explosions of opposing energy, to constructing platforms with the converging forces flowing between them, dual protagonists Ember and Rime must find ways to work together in order to progress.
Follow a poignant story written by industry veteran and fantasy author Chris Avellone (Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords) in this narrative-driven co-op puzzler perfect for Valentine’s Day. Degrees of Separation is primed and ready to warm your heart on February 14 when it arrives on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam for £15.99 / €19.99.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and local cooperative multiplayer. Shortly after launch, long distance relationships will be enabled via an online multiplayer update.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.