Dex RPG Launches on OUYA Early Access
Czech game development studio Dreadlocks has launched its open world 2D side-scrolling cyberpunk RPG Dex on Early Access for the OUYA console.
Dex, a side-scrolling, open-world cyberpunk RPG with a focus on exploration and non-linear gameplay, has launched todayon the OUYA Store and is available for purchase to all OUYA owners for a pre-order price of $14.99 USD.
The game was an official selection for the Indie MEGABOOTH at Gamescom 2014 and also for the MIX Showcase at GDC Next 2014 in Los Angeles. Since August 2014 the game has been available for purchase via Steam Early Access and continues to receive positive reviews in both traditional media and user forums.
Dex is a 2D, side-scrolling, open-world cyberpunk RPG with a focus on exploration and non-linear gameplay.
- Rare melding of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions meld with hand-drawn characters, animations, and locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or normal reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, special equipment…
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock gameplay-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your gameplay style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and then return back to your body in a fraction of a real-time second to see the results – deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
- Neo-cyberpunk: Story deeply inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors, flavored with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, run-down shantytowns, and seedy red-light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and, of course, stay alive – no easy task.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogues using hand-drawn sprite animations, fully voice-acted by professional actors.