Elite Dangerous: Odyssey’s Alpha enters its second phase
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) announced today the start of the second phase of the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Alpha. The Alpha, accessible since 29 March, is available for Lifetime Expansion Pass owners and players who have pre-ordered the Odyssey Deluxe Alpha expansion pack. The second phase of the Alpha will roll in today at 2pm BST.
Check out the ‘Conflict Zones’ YouTube trailer, below:
This second stage of the Odyssey Alpha will expand the playable area to 20 light-years and grants players access to their own starships. Adventurous Commanders can also drop in to perilous Conflict Zones by signing in with the Frontline Solutions mercenary company.
You can have a look at our latest Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Community video update to learn everything about Conflict Zones here: https://youtu.be/Q-Mo_XyVOuM
The list of new features available in the second phase of the Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Alpha phases include*:
- Conflict Zones on foot are now accessible through the Frontline Solutions front desk.
- Commanders will have free access to starships and will be immediately issued with a Cobra Mk III, including multicrew seats.
- Expanded playable area of the galaxy to approximately 20 light years.
- New space suit available for purchase: Manticore Dominator combat suit.
- New starting system: Nervi.
- 300,000 starting credits for new Commanders. (This amount will also be added to existing Alpha Commanders’ balances.)
*Areas of play and features during the Alpha are subject to change.
A full list of updates can be found on the Elite Dangerous Forums here.