Ember Knights Preview (Steam Early Access)
Our Ember Knights Preview shows off this action rogue-lite where you play as a legendary knight, the last spark of hope against the mad sorcerer Praxis and his hordes of unwavering fiends. Wield weapons & skills, build synergies with game-changing relics and free the universe of Praxis’ corruption.
Ember Knights Preview Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- Download size.
- Controller support.
- Remote play together support.
- Graphics settings are resolution, v-sync and fullscreen.
- Game settings – screen shake, rumble, aim assist, Steam Cloud Save, send game data, run timer, damage numbers, enemy hp bars, Hud visible, and gibs.
- Can rebind controls.
- Action roguelike gameplay.
- 2 – 4 local multiplayer slots.
- Fast loading times.
- Awesome cartoon/anime cutscenes.
- Online Multiplayer has a host and join options.
- Can skip the cutscenes.
- Arlan is the shopkeeper where you can buy new items and equipment.
- Accessible easy-to-learn controls.
- Tutorial pop-ups.
- Run based.
- Ember tree – located in the hub here is where you spend earned embers and buy permanent upgrades and buffs.
- Each encounter is room-based and clearing it will give a reward.
- Exits to other rooms will show any rewards or bonuses if applicable.
- Every run is randomized.
- Breakable objects within rooms can drop rewards sometimes.
- Initially, you always start with a sword and you can roll to dodge attacks.
- Minibosses and boss encounters.
- Orbs are unidentified objects you need to take back to the hub, these will unlock new items to appear in future runs.
- End of run breakdown.
- Progress eventually picks up a pace and every run feels significant.
- Skill tablets can be found and cashed in with Evee at the hub for new skill unlocks.
- Guardian bow can be unlocked and has its own unique stats and abilities like multishot or holding down aim to get a powerful aimed shot.
Ember Knights Preview Cons:
- No Steam achievements.
- Takes a while to get going.
- Not the most in-depth tutorials or explanations.
- Doesn’t have voice work in the game.
- Difficulty spikes.
- The first hour is tough, a lot of the room layouts are the same, the boss order is the same and it just feels like a slog.
Related Post: Phaseshift Preview (Steam Early Access)
Developer: Doom Turtle
Store Links –