Feature:Greed Monger Kickstarter
- Launch Day – (Nothing in the world but Land, Animals, Monsters and Nature. You will build the world around you.)
- Non Instanced Player Owned Housing (You buy the land from us, you then build whatever will fit on it.)
- Decorate Your House However You’d Like
- Every Finished Item In Greed Monger Is Player Crafted (Everything!)
- The More Land Parcels You Own, The Bigger House You Can Build
- Greed Monger Is Free To Play
- No Global Chat, Only Person To Person Above Head Chat (It’s time to bring back the sense of real community MMO’s used to have!)
- Player Vs. Environment Combat
- Player Vs. Player Combat
- Fast Map Travel System (Find a map on the ground left by another player and you will fast travel to their home or shop, provided you have enough food in your pack.)
- Raid Monsters (Some controlled by the Devs)
- Full Player Driven Economy (Auction system will only be used for Estate Sales. Weapons, Armor and other items will be sold person to person only.)
- Player Written Lore Based On Adventures (Amazing tales will be told and submitted by players and guilds alike. These stories may be selected as part of the official Greed Monger Cannon)
Other Game Features
- Community Events
- Regularly Added Recipes and Plans For New Item Types
- Charge Players Rent To Access Your Land (For Hunting/Harvesting Rares)
- Ages Of Time and Technology will evolve with Population and Economic Growth (Evolve into the space age as a population and you may discover a means to settle new planets! All you will be allowed to take with you is what you started the game with and that’s all you’ll be allowed to bring back.)
- Ever Growing Housing Style Options For Each Climate.
- Multiple Climates/Landscapes Will Be Available At Launch
- Resell Your Estate For Real Money In Our Estate Auction House
- No Micro-Transactions (GM Fully Supported From Land and Estate Sales)
- No Pre-Defined Skills Trees (Learn all the skills you’d like, but you’ll only be able to use a selection of combat skills at any given time.)
- Animals/Monsters Only Drop Materials To Craft Items, Not Finished Items.
So in summary:
Greed Monger is a 3D Free To Play MMORPG with a focus on crafting, economics and politics.
Inspired by the likes of Ultima Online, Greed Monger will bring back elements of true MMORPG Gaming since been lost in the corporate watering down of this formerly exciting genre, which many of us have been missing for years such as Non-Instanced Player Housing, Rares Dealing, Sand Box Style Skill Variety and much more.
Though Free To Play, Greed Monger will be financially supported by means of a Land Ownership System whereby players will be able to purchase Land Parcels for a price of $20 each for a maximum of 4 parcels per player (Parcel Limit Not Enforced During Kickstarter Campaign Only). These parcels of land will be used by players to build their housing which they will decorate with items they craft themselves. If a player ever decides to leave Greed Monger, they will be able to sell their Estates through our Estate Auction Service of which we will take 15% of the final sale to transfer ownership rights to another player.
This game really does sound good and now that it has funding we have something to look forward too.