First Look: StreetFigher X Tekken Vita
The long awaited clash between the two leaders in the fighting genre can now be played at home… AND on the go! Street Fighter X Tekken on the PlayStation Vita expands on the action-packed console experience, delivering competitive co-op fun that players of all skill levels can enjoy. With the full roster of 55 playable characters and new exclusive features, Street Fighter X Tekken on the PlayStationVita is packed with tons of content and boasts one of the most robust character line-ups in fighting game history.
For those who purchase the PlayStationVita version of Street Fighter X Tekken, the first run of all retail copies will come with a free download code that will redeem 12 additional characters on the PS3 and will give PS Vita players free alternate costumes for the core roster of 38 characters. Playing at home or on the streets, PS Vita and PlayStation 3 Cross-Play lets Street Fighter X Tekken players compete anytime, anywhere, against anyone… either locally, with 3G or via Wi-Fi. Cross-Play functionality with the PlayStation 3 version gives players console quality online battles that push the true capabilities of the PlayStationVita.
Players can super combo their Street Fighter X Tekken experience by taking advantage of the numerous PlayStation Vita exclusive features including augmented reality, front and rear touch panel controls, near functionality, KO monument, ad-hoc fight request, and a gallery mode. Additionally, an all-new game mode called Burst Kumite will let players test their skills and strategies against a barrage of endless CPU-controlled opponents.
- 55 Playable Characters – In addition to the core roster of 38 characters from the console version and the 5 exclusive characters from the PS3 version, the PS Vita version will arrive with a free download
- code for the 12 new playable characters: Blanka, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Guy and Sakura from the Street Fighter side, and Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack-X, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong from the Tekken side.
- Cross-Platform Play – Portable gaming has reached a new level. Cross-Platform Play allows PS Vita players of Street Fighter X Tekken to compete against PS3 players.
- Multiplayer Mayhem – Pick your battles and compete against others locally, online through Wi-Fi networks, or through the PS Vita’s 3G connection.
PS Vita Exclusive Features:
- Augmented Reality: Pose and take pictures of your favourite characters, and then place them in real life photos.
- Front and Rear Touch Panels: Create the size and positioning of extra buttons on the front and rear touch panels, and customise these with different moves. Also, menus now work with the touch screen.
- Near: Customise the costumes of your characters, and share them with other Vita owners that pass by. Collect other players’ custom costumes.
- KO Monument: Collect trophies from the players you beat and build the ultimate KO monument.
- Ad-Hoc Fight Request: Turn this mode on to automatically challenge other Vita owners in your area.
- Share replays after the battle.
- Gallery Mode: Collect different sounds and movies from the game, and play them in the gallery.
- PS Vita and PS3 Data Sharing – All DLC purchased on the PS3 version can be used on the PS Vita version, and vice versa. Additionally, edited and customised data on the PS Vita version can be transferred to the PS3 version via a save data link.
- And… 38 Free Alternate Costumes! – In addition to receiving the 12 new characters for free, PS Vita players can