Gas Guzzlers Extreme Review (Nintendo Switch)
Our Gas Guzzlers Extreme review introduces us to a fast, furious, armed-to-the-teeth, trigger-happy shooter, shifted into top gear! Take a white knuckle ride in this crazily addictive combat racing game.
Gas Guzzlers Extreme Review Pros:
- Nice graphics.
- 5.4GB download size.
- Racing gameplay.
- Six difficulties – beginner, easy, medium, hard, extreme, and impossible.
- Male or female announcer choice.
- Game settings – crosshair, speed format, driver tags, damage effects, horn type, race info messages, and driver’s voice.
- Controller settings – force feedback, force level, steering dead zone, steering saturation, steering sensitivity, throttle dead zone, throttle saturation, brake dead zone, and brake saturation.
- Two game modes – campaign and quick race.
- Quick race – pick car, track, and weapon.
- Garage – car management between races.
- Customize – paint, sticker, rims, license plate, and license plate text.
- Car upgrades – engine, brakes, tires, ammo, and armor.
- Twenty cars to unlock and all have unique stats.
- Has a Robin Reliant!
- Campaign races have bonus objectives for more money.
- Full cosmetic damage model.
- Pick up powerups, Weapons, repair, and nitro.
- Cool Only Fools And Horses Easter egg.
- Bonus score for roadkill and destruction of property and damaging vehicles of others.
- Shortcuts can be found and used in tracks.
- Full activity tracker showing who did what and to who.
- Four driving views.
- Arcade racer.
- Funny Ai names on the leaderboard.
- Unlock new cars and accessories, upgrades, etc as you play.
- Different race types from racing and shooting to the last man standing and eliminating Racers.
- Brief tutorial signs.
- Your car can be all smashed up and windows put through but a spanner pickup puts it back to brand new.
- Full-color wheel for customisation.
Gas Guzzlers Extreme Review Cons:
- Small text in all the menus.
- No touchscreen support.
- Doesn’t have any multiplayer either offline or online.
- No online leaderboards.
- Quick race only lets you play on tracks and with cars and weapons that you have unlocked.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- A small selection of events.
- The handling goes crazy when hit or shot.
- Some event types can overstay their welcome.
Related Post: Guardians Of The Galaxy Game Review (PlayStation 5)
Gas Guzzlers Extreme:
Publisher: Funbox Media Ltd
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Gas Guzzlers Extreme is an arcade racer that offers a game whereby you drive around and shoot each other. It’s a nice-looking game, I say that it looks nice on the big screen but on the handheld, it’s kinda blurry and isn’t as shiny. The game has a lot going for it with full customisation and upgrades options, you can do a lot but the core game has very few events, the unlocks always hinder your creativity and it has no online or multiplayer at all. I had fun for a while but the grind to get to the top of the campaign was too great as it doesn’t offer enough reward for your time and effort. The game plays fine, the shootings are good, the car choices are plentiful but it just needed some more variety because at the moment it’s a bit too plain.