GTA 2-Inspired Glitchpunk to Launch into Early Access with New Baltia as First Playable City
Take to the neon streets of a violent cyberpunk future and face off against gangs, cults, and shady corporations in Glitchpunk
Enter the chaos-ridden streets of New Baltia! Do you have what it takes to handle the unbridled insanity of a world unhinged? Revealed to be coming to Steam Early Access on Aug. 11th, 2021, Glitchpunk, a cyberpunk-themed game with an old-school GTA 2 feel, will feature New Baltia as the first playable city in the game. Providing approximately eight hours of play at launch, it won’t be long before more content arrives.
Outpost Texas, originally intended to be included at launch, will arrive in three to four weeks as Glitchpunk’s first major update. Adding another six to eight hours of play, developer Dark Lord decided they wanted to give players their absolute best and chose to spend a small amount of time continuing to develop the second city.
Check out the mayhem in action in Glitchpunk’s Date Reveal Trailer here
A top-down action game where you shoot, brawl, drive, steal and sneak yourself through a neon-soaked world full of gangs and cults, forging cooperations along the way, Glitchpunk isn’t just about blowing things up – it also tells a compelling story of transhumanism, xenophobia, and religion. You can influence the world around you, make new friends, face off against more enemies than you can count – and perhaps, just perhaps, convert an enemy’s aversion to affection.
Glitchpunk’s Early Access will launch with New Baltia available on day one and Outpost Texas arriving in three to four weeks. Two more cities — Neo Tokyo and Moscow — will be added during the Early Access journey. Each city has its own gangs and characters while also continuing the protagonist’s gripping story. Keep an eye out for more information on Glitchpunk’s Early Access updates as a detailed road map will be on the way soon after the game’s launch.
In Glitchpunk you play as a glitching android going against your own programming and challenging the tyrannical governments and megacorps of the dystopian near-future. Forge your own path in several cities full of drug-crazed gangs, aggressive police, and irresponsible drivers that make each mission and playthrough unpredictable. Steal cars and lead your enemies on a merry chase, fight them with a variety of melee and long-range weapons, and upgrade your own body with technology that enables you to manipulate your surroundings or improve your capabilities.
- Brutal top-down action with a massive arsenal of weapons to choose from
- Hacking system allowing players to control the minds of pedestrians and affect various devices.
- Many different ways of locomotion, including trains, tanks, motorbikes, buses, trucks, and obviously tons of cars
- Frantic police chases and up to 10 escalations of mayhem-inducing wanted levels
- 12 gangs with their own stories, quests, and culture
- Four different cities, from the desert remains of the USA to cyberpunk Soviet Russia in a post-nuclear winter (New Baltia at Early Access launch, Outpost Texas 3 to 4 weeks post-launch, and two more to come!)
- Mature story with several endings
- Rare art style mix of 2D sprites in a 3D environment
- In-game radio with music by artists from all over the world, together with news stations and absurd commercials