Hammerting digs in for a 2020 launch as first details are unearthed
Team17 and Warpzone Studios have today revealed the first information about their upcoming high-fantasy management and strategy game, Hammerting. In development for PC and scheduled for a Steam launch later this year, Hammerting features multi-faceted gameplay mechanics, combining crafting and deep base building with combat and exploration as players manage a colony of industrious dwarves fighting to survive in the dangerous cavernous depths underneath the Mountains of Mara.
Players will be tasked with helping the colony as it strives to develop and craft new weapons to help aid their Overworld allies during an epic war against evil; during the course of Hammerting, they will face unique challenges, from goblin raids on their caverns to traversing the darkest corners for the most valuable ores to loot. A closer look at Hammerting is available to watch right now, with the launch of a new developer diary video series, Into The Forge.
- Dwarf management: As the colony increases in size, active management of the dwarves, including the friendships they make and their morale, will be key to helping the war effort
- Base building: Bore and upgrade a variety of rooms, from forges and sculpting studios to taverns and auxiliary functions and help the colony craft the ultimate base
- Crafting: Build and upgrade a wide variety of items through a deep leveling up system
- Exploration: Venture into the bowels of the mountainside & face increasingly perilous situations
- Combat: Different dwarves for different combat situations; harness weapons from swords to two-handed hammers to overcome goblin invaders
Linda Zetterman, CEO, Warpzone Studios said:
“Development on Hammerting continues at pace, and we’re very excited to share more details on the game. The unique combination of gameplay we’re building will really offer a deep level of immersion for players looking to oversee and manage every aspect of the dwarf colony’s goal to help in the war effort.
Paul Longley, Producer, Team17 said:
“Hammerting combines some of the very best and popular features of management, strategy, and RPG games into one unique and compelling experience. The team at Warpzone Studios is working hard to deliver a game that captures the imagination of everybody who has ever wondered how the dwarves help deliver decisive victories in the high-fantasy realm.”