Hextech Mayhem A League Of Legends Story Review (Steam)
In this fast-paced rhythm runner, Our Hextech Mayhem A League Of Legends Story Review has every action shot and explosive reaction and no amount of mayhem is too much. Take on the role of Hexplosives expert Ziggs as you rampage through the neighborhoods of Piltover!
Hextech Mayhem A League Of Legends Story Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 2.8GB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Graphics – fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, graphic detail (high performance/max performance/high fidelity/max fidelity) and FPS limit (30/60/90/120).
- Colorblind settings – default, protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia.
- Subtitles – off, important, dialogue or all.
- Rhythm action runner gameplay.
- The first level is a tutorial.
- Match the buttons to the icons to explode and score.
- Excellent in-game cutscenes.
- Only uses 3 buttons – A, X, and the d-pad down.
- Well executed voicework.
- A lot of replay value.
- Can replay levels.
- When you mess up and miss too many hits the game will go black and white, take you back a few hits and let you try again.
- Best played with headphones.
- Each level has 3 sets of Collectibles/currency for u locking new costumes, Whammer Jammers, and levels.
- Short bite-sized levels.
- Instant restart button.
- Earn Bronze, Silver, Gold and based on your performance for Mayhem and precision.
- Can get quite addictive.
- Extras allow you to re-watch cutscenes.
- The goal is to ultimately perfect the level run and then do the bonus runs.
- Outside of the Collectibles you can do a bit of free bombing and get bonus kills for a better score.
Hextech Mayhem A League Of Legends Story Review Cons:
- Takes time to get used to the timing of hitting icons, could be the small icon or the angle of the level but it feels off at first.
- No calibration settings for any type of button lag.
- It is frustrating to learn the patterns.
- The whole black and white thing whilst helpful can be detrimental as you can only come out of it by hitting the icons and it can have you miss Collectibles.
- Takes a long time to get going.
Related Post: The Shooter Game Everyone Is Playing This Christmas
Hextech Mayhem A League Of Legends Story:
Developer: Choice Provisions
Publisher: Riot Forge
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Having Choice Provisions make this game was the right move for Riot. Choice Provisions have spent years perfecting the runner gameplay and never disappoint, if I had to be honest I find this one to be the weakest of the lot but only because I really struggled to time my explosions and timings. I tried and tried and still couldn’t get a good run, maybe it’s the game maybe I am slowly but surely losing my gaming powers but I would just scrape by on each level. I love the story, the characters, and the whole gameplay atmosphere but the timing was always an issue for me, if I could have the bar come up like it does when it’s black and white it would really help, the bar I’m talking about is a bar that goes along with the beat and helps time button presses. I will continue to play on it as there are some cool character costumes I want but man it’s proper hard work. Overall Hextech Mayhem A League Of Legends Story is a great game but it’s not as smooth and accessible as the Runner games.