Hillbilly Doomsday Review (Xbox Series S)
For our Hillbilly Doomsday Review, we tell the story of how once upon a time when the entire planet was in great danger, an unknown enemy turned almost everyone into zombies. Chaos ensued. The rest of the people are trying to survive. It seems that everything has come to an end…
Hillbilly Doomsday Review Pros:
- 16 Bit graphics.
- 545.5MB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Platform shooter gameplay.
- Basic tutorial.
- Six guns – Second pistol, Micro SMG, flamethrower, shotgun, minigun, and RPG.
- Magnet to attract coins and gems.
- 3 types of armor – light, medium, and heavy.
- Burgers replenish health.
- Hearts give a 1up.
- Secret walls to break for rewards.
- A lot of gore, I mean I say gore but it looks like Chunky tomato sauce.
- Earn cash and gems from enemies, secrets, and loot chests.
- Big boss fights.
- Six levels.
- Between each level, you spend cash on guns, burgers, 1 up, and armor.
- Shoulder buttons allow you to hotswap weapons.
- Easy achievements.
- Cool looking locations.
- Excellent background animations.
- A lot of Breakable items like boxes, barrels, and stones are in place.
- Blow up containers to fell trees.
- Play as a Hillbilly and kill zombies and aliens.
- Impressive on-screen enemy count.
- Satisfying to play.
- Clicked the full game and all achievements in around 90 mins.
- Three lives then it’s game over.
Hillbilly Doomsday Review Cons:
- Level layouts do start to feel the same.
- Only a small pool of enemies.
- Boss fights are almost pointless as there is a cheese spot on everyone.
- The ending is disappointing.
- No replay value.
- After time you learn to just run through levels.
- Game over just means you start the level again and you have infinite continues.
- All the guns are actually not that great, the free pickaxe does more damage and is faster than any gun you buy.
- Not sure if the armor actually does anything.
Related Post: Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series Review (Xbox Series S)
Developer: Sometimes You
Publisher: Sometimes You
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Big dumb fun, that’s the tagline takeaway here. It’s not the best game and it has a lot of shortcomings but it’s simple and fun. Just booting up a game and Mowing down tons of zombies is too much fun. Yes you will finish it quickly and you will likely never go back but like I say it’s just big dumb fun and that is perfectly fine by me.