After just getting access to the Beta for this game on Vita, I thought I would do a quick hands on preview to prepare you for what awaits. The beta only gives you access to 5 characters: Fat Princess, Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Helghast soldier and Parrapa The Rapper. One game mode which is 4 player online. Pressing another button brings up a very witty warning, asking to wait to try again. Il try upload a screenshot when I can. The game or beta I should say weighs in at 323mb so no biggie there. Anyway on with the show!…………………
- The character animations stay true and look really well done
- The level design is superb, giving us environments with their own dangers. Such as the Hades level from God of War where Hades himself attacks the players at random intervals. Meaning dont just keep an eye on your opponents but also keep an eye on the level!
- Special moves fit the character and while ridiculously over powered, they can be dealt with with the right now how. Activating a special move treats the players to a close up of the player as they morph into their special ability. Sweet Tooth turning into a huge hulking great truck with missiles and guns is quite the spectacle
- With the players on offer I haven’t found a uber powerful character that can easily dominate, instead its a very even battle field in that respect. Course if you get double or even triple teamed then all bets are off
- Pick ups litter the battle ground that can help even the lesser player get back into the fight. These pick ups range from missile launchers to huge weapons like axes and swords
- The speed of the game is impressive, players jumping and shooting all over the place, things can get hectic and chaotic fast! With the level ever changing and pick ups springing up all over the place it can get very intense
- The graphics are really good and at times I had to look at the Vita itself just to remind me this is on a hand held!
- Despite the speed and everything going on, I have had zero lag
- Controls are simple with x being your jump button, other face buttons doing eith light, medium or heavy attacks. L and R are block and pressed together with a full meter unleashes your special ability. Its this simple control scheme that helps keep players playing
- The possability of teaming up with friends is easy and straight forward. Just send em an invite and add them to your squad. Voice chat is supported and friends can even just join in off your name
- I will list waiting times as an issue. Now obviously this is a beta so it will change as more players get the game, but at the moment its a slow experience. To the point where it takes longer to find a game than it does to play one1
- The camera is always moving to keep everyone in shot, But every so often it gets so chaotic seeing your player can leave you squinting at the screen working out which colour you are
- Special moves as said are very over powered. Usually activating a special will net you instant kills, fun for you but not for others. Dealing with them can be done but isn’t as easy as you would like
In summary. from what ive played so far its shaping up to be a great game. The cross play function with PS3 players will keep the online side of things catered for. With just a few hiccups found so far, you defiantly get the feeling that a lot of hard work went into this game. I for one have gone from a maybe to a day one purchase. If you get the chance grab a beta key and jump in, its a great game to play on your vita.