Jumanji The Videogame Review (PlayStation 5)
Our Jumanji The Videogame Review has us united in adventure and laughter in the action-packed game of Jumanji, as you try to survive Jumanji The Videogame Review is the ultimate challenge for those who seek to leave their world behind! A reckoning is coming – unless you and three teammates can find the precious Jewels of Jumanji and return them to their sacred statues. What’s stopping you? Just a deadly array of exotic creatures and dangerous locations, plus an army of evil marauders.
Jumanji The Videogame Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 2.08GB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- You get both the Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 versions.
- Optional tutorial.
- 4K HDR resolution.
- 120 fps support.
- Controller settings – Invert axis and sensitivity sliders.
- Motion blur – on/off.
- 2 – 4 local split-screen.
- 2 – 4 online multiplayer.
- Action-adventure gameplay.
- 3 difficulties – Easy, medium, and hard.
- Can play with Ai characters.
- Four locations – Jungle hideout, Mountain fortress, night pursuit, and Bizarre Bazaar.
- Four characters – Ruby Roundhouse, Dr. Smolder Bravestone, Professor Shelly Oberon, and Franklin Moose Finbar. Each character has a unique special ability.
- Fast loading times.
- Uses the actor’s likenesses.
- Ammo, health, and grenades can be picked up from the ground and dropped by enemies.
- 3rd person perspective.
- Simple shooting and melee combat.
- Find Jumanji artifacts to open the door to advance.
- Score counter.
- You can pass items to each other.
- Respawning looks the same as it does in the film.
- Can swap over the shoulder side with a button press at any time.
- Stamina system for running.
- Easy to vault over obstacles.
- Slight puzzle elements.
- Obelisks will turn the game into a kinda horde mode scenario whereby you have to stay by the obelisk and defend against waves of enemies.
- Better loading times.
- You can see the enemy’s health above their head.
- A handful of enemy types.
- Unlock new cosmetics for each character.
- End of a level breakdown of performance.
- You start a level with the gem needed to power up the statue at the end of the level, you can pass it between each other and it does damage you.
- A load of easy trophies.
Jumanji The Videogame Review Cons:
- Cannot rebind controls.
- Not the actor’s voices.
- Odd bouts of slowdown.
- Not always clear what to do.
- The camera goes really screwy when aiming down the sights.
- The game is split into little sections but it’s the same gameplay over and over.
- No facial expressions.
- Forgettable and mostly insignificant story.
- Extra ornaments hidden up high everywhere are only for score and score is pointless.
- Small limited ammo capacity.
- The game is structured in a way that when you finish a location it boots you back to the main menu.
- When you finish all the locations it just ends, no cutscenes or anything just back to the menu.
- Grenades go off after time meaning they are pointless.
- Every location plays the same.
- Online only trophies.
- Annoying sections have an unkillable animal that can one-shot kill you.
Related Post: Formula Retro Racing Review (Xbox Series S)
Jumanji The Videogame:
Developer: Outright Games
Publisher: Outright Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10