Lead Your People to Greatness – Kalypso Announces Grand Ages: Medieval at Gamescom 2014
Kalypso Media is thrilled to announce that Grand Ages: Medieval is currently in development by Gaming Mind Studios and will be released in 2015 for PC. Being shown behind closed doors at gamescom 2014, Grand Ages: Medieval takes place in the High Middle Ages while Europe is in a period of huge change and rapid population growth.
New frontiers are being explored and as the head of a small settlement it is up to you to lead your people from its beginnings as a small society and advance it through the years as you build it into an empire. Plot your conquests on a game map consisting of 30 million square kilometres; or decide where to found new cities and strategically defend key territories. Lead your people to greatness by raising an army, building a network of trade routes and getting the advantage over rival states by developing superior technology through research.
Kalypso Media has also released the debut trailer for Grand Ages: Medieval. Watch it below for your first look at how even the mightiest empires begin with small, but ambitious foundations.
Features of Grand Ages: Medieval
- Explore a gigantic game world of over 30 million square kilometres, plot strategically where to found important cities and defend your kingdom against foreign powers
- Raise an army and fight your opponents with knights, archers and cavalry
- Produce and trade 20 different goods to meet the demands of your citizens and soldiers: such as coal, fruits and pottery
- Research and utilise 50 major technological advancement of the Middle Ages: including the three-field crop rotation, the low warp loom or the longbow
- Face devastating natural disasters like storms, fires, volcanoes, droughts, earthquakes… or even the Black Death
- Challenging Multiplayer Mode for up to 8 players via network and online