Loot Hero DX Review (PlayStation 4)
A legendary Dragon is haunting the lands. Towns are set ablaze, and its magic power resurrects the evil creatures of the world. A hero is needed to travel to the corners of the lands and slay the beast to restore peace.
- Nice pixel art graphics.
- 191.2MB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Works on Playstation 5.
- 3 save slots.
- Nine levels.
- Each level has a boss fight.
- Side scroller action gameplay.
- Game-you move from side to side and attack automatically.
- The miners-each time you beat the Dragon you rescue a miner who will get coins for you in the background.
- Difficulty increases every time you beat the Dragon.
- Earn loot/Gold from enemies.
- Shops are in levels and you buy stat upgrades.
- Four stats-attack, critical, defense and speed.
- Feats-own in-game achievements.
- Bestiary-shows info on encountered enemies.
- Enemies can drop health potions.
- Play how you want.
- Can replay levels.
- Really easy Platinum trophy.
- The platinum trophy took under 20 minutes.
- Earn EXP and level up.
- Can manually adjust the game speed at shops.
- Supports d-pad and analog sticks.
- Clear Hud showing gold collected, exp bar, health bar, and damage numbers pop on screen.
- Nine types of enemies-Orcs and Goblins, Ratmen, Frogmen, Dinomen, Undead, Snowmen, Werewolf, minotaurs, and Dragon clan.
- Bestiary shows how many enemies you have killed of each type.
- Very easy to learn.
- Miners will earn Gold even after you turn the game off.
- No real tutorial.
- The platinum trophy gives itself up way too quickly.
- Can get grindy.
- Gameplays the same over and over.
- Can just stay on a level going backward and forwards.
- No PlayStation 5 enhancements.
- Takes a while for the game to get challenging.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
I feel kinda weird about calling Loot Hero DX a game, I mean it is but it isn’t. OK, so what you do is you go from side to side and automatically hit and block against enemies and then take on a boss. Simple enough, you can even interact with it using just one hand. The problem I have is it has more in common with an idle clicker than an action game, you can even rescue miners who will earn gold for you when you are not playing. Nah you know what I’m gonna drop the whole is it a game or not shit. Loot Hero DX is a simple game but one that is so addictive and chill that it’s hard not to just love playing it. It gave up the Platinum trophy in like 20 minutes but it has endless replay value and I still find myself playing it now even after grabbing the Platinum. Honestly, it doesn’t do anything game or genre-defining but it nails fun, pure unadulterated fun and I love it.