NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… will launch on 23rd April, 2021
Today SQUARE ENIX kicked off Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online with the announcement that NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139… will launch for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam) on 23rd April 2021. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is a modern re-telling of NieR Replicant, which originally released in Japan in 2010, and is the highly anticipated prequel to NieR: Automata, the post-apocalyptic action-RPG that has sold over 4.5 million copies worldwide. In NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, players are invited to experience a dark, apocalyptic world as they join a brother’s captivating quest to cure his sister of a deadly disease – a quest which will in turn make them question everything.
Additionally, a trailer debuted during the show, offering players a deeper look at familiar locations, set to a newly recorded soundtrack by renowned composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA (NieR series, TEKKEN, Drakengard 3). Fans can also catch a glimpse at the game’s beautifully updated visuals and newly illustrated characters from NieR:Automata character designer, Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation (FINAL FANTASY XIV, BRAVELY DEFAULT).
Fans can also now pre-order the “White Snow Edition,” exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX Store. This version includes the game on the player’s platform of choice, along with the following:
- “Lunar Tear” Collector’s Box
- Steelbook® Case – A metal case featuring stunning artwork by Illustrator Koda Kazuma.
- Pin Badge Set – Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, and Grimoire Rubrum pins presented in a specialized display case. Exclusive to the White Snow Edition.
- Script Set – A set of seven books including the content of the spoken script of the game, exclusive to the White Snow Edition. Packaged in a special hard case, featuring unique cover art by character designer Akihiko Yoshida. Available in English only.
- Soundtrack CD Set – A two-disc collection – one disc featuring tracks from NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… specifically edited for this set, and a second disc featuring special arrangements, overseen by Keiichi Okabe, of select tracks that are exclusive to the White Snow Edition. The set is presented in a premium Grimoire Weiss-inspired package.
Furthermore, numerous pre-order bonuses are available for each platform (availability depending on retailer):
- PlayStation 4 system – All editions will include an exclusive PlayStation 4 system dynamic theme and avatar set. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
- Xbox One – Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
- Steam – All editions will include a special digital wallpaper collection. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
Complete details on the all editions of the game available for pre-order are available here: http://www.niergame.com.
During the show, SQUARE ENIX also announced that NieR Re[in]carnation, the first mobile title in the NieR series, is in development by Applibot, Inc. for North America and Europe.