Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition Coming November 30
Today, Microids and Oddworld Inhabitants announced that award-winning* action-adventure platformer Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition coming November 30, 2021. It will be available on Xbox Series X I S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store.
Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition includes dramatically improved gameplay mechanics and motion code, audio balance improvements, seven additional months of polish, improved Slig and follower AI (more intelligent and responsive), as well as all previously released updates and brand-new content.
What’s Soulstorm’s Brand New Content?
Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition’s new content is a separate challenge game mode accessed via the main menu once you complete the game.
Xbox players will go hands-on with Vykkers Labs, a throwback to classic Oddworld 2.5D gameplay featuring short puzzle-filled levels. Earn leaderboard prestige for speed runs or zero-death performances. For those who don’t recall, Vykkers Labs is a large airborne lab used for pharmaceutical testing on animals and run by the sadistic Vykkers.
PlayStation and Epic Games Store players will experience Toby’s Escape. Like Vykkers, it is a throwback to classic Oddworld gaming with short puzzle-filled levels to master. If you have played Soulstorm, you’ll know Toby from the train, but how did Toby escape RuptureFarms and become the train’s conductor…find out in Toby’s Escape.
What If You Already Own Oddworld: Soulstorm?
For the millions of gamers who already own Oddworld: Soulstorm on PS5, PS4, and Epic Games Store, you will receive the Enhanced Edition as a free update.
Pre-Order for Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One
The retail versions for the Collector and Day One Editions of Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition are already available for pre-order. Fans who pre-order the Day One Edition or Collector’s Edition at participating retailers will also get access to the game’s Original Soundtrack and a Digital Artbook.
The Collector’s Oddition consists of:
- A Unique Collector’s Box
- Oddworld: Soulstorm’s standard edition
- A collectible metal case
- An exclusive 9-inch (22 cm) figurine of Abe, Mudokon hero
- A premium 160-page artbook by Pix’n Love Publishing
- An exclusive Mining Company keychain
- Three art prints
- Ancient Mudokon Tribal stickers
- Abe’s hand tattoo
- Explosive Action-Adventure Platformer: Evolving the platforming genre by adding RPG-lite elements with the player agency to play as you like, whether aggressively or passively. Pickpocket your enemies, loot lockers, sift through trash cans and find hidden areas to acquire resources. Exchange resources at vending machines to get products that give you more agency in how you chose to conquer the game’s many challenges. Acquire recipes to craft tools and weapons to use against opposing forces or solve problems. Arm your followers and watch the revolution begin.
- Epicness: This isn’t a traditional 2D side-scrolling platformer. Soulstorm is a 2.9D action-adventure platformer with 15 hours of gameplay, and dozens more for achievement hunters and perfectionists. Epic environments with massive scale to explore by going into the world, rather than being limited to the traditional side-scrolling platformer sense.
- Start a Revolution: A dark storyline with a twisted sense of humor that shines a light on the ironies that exist in the human condition. As a slave to big business, a cog in the corporate machine being ground to death, Abe tries to save them all and along the way, he goes from a nobody to potentially start a global revolution.
- Completionists: Can you save every single Mudokon in the game (there are more than 1,000)? Can you achieve the best ending and unlock the final two playable levels? Can you scavenge every trash can and locker, kill or safely apprehend every antagonist, find every hidden area, collect every jelly? 3+m players have had the opportunity to do it…will you be the first to do it on Xbox?
- Multiple Endings: Soulstorm has 15 levels, with two additional unlockable levels at the end of the game. There are 4 types of endings in the game, each depending on your Quarma. At the end of each individual level, you receive a Quarma score, which is based on the number of Mudokons you save. If you succeed in saving enough Mudokons throughout all the levels, you’ll get one of the good endings. But beware: if your Quarma score isn’t high enough, you’ll get a more… dire fate!
Mark your calendars now as Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition Coming November 30