Outbreak: Epidemic – heading to the Nintendo Switch October 22
The latest co-op survival horror game from Dead Drop Studios, Outbreak: Epidemic is the most polished, biggest Outbreak game yet – dripping with scares, atmosphere, and the nearly endless replayability you’ve come to expect from the Outbreak series. The other 4 titles in the franchise will be coming to the Nintendo Switch in a few weeks!
Outbreak: Epidemic Switch Launch Trailer:
Outbreak: Epidemic is powered by the next-generation Outbreak engine and includes the Campaign, Onslaught, and Experiments modes from the Steam version – all sporting classic tough-as-nails gameplay for true survival horror aficionados.
- Quality Mode/Frame Rate Mode (Options Menu): Quality mode features higher quality graphics with full dynamic shadows. Frame rate mode turns off full dynamic shadows thus greatly improving frame rate across the board.
- Portable Gameplay: The only game in the Outbreak series to be playable on a handheld device. The full content is here, uncut.
- Tabletop 2-Player Co-Op: Play through the game with a friend in tabletop mode – or together in docked full-screen mode – using Joy-Con controllers. The Switch Pro Controller is supported as well!
- Claustrophobic over-the-shoulder gameplay.
- Classic Story, Onslaught, and Experiments modes available in solo play or co-op.
- Local 2-player split-screen co-op.
- Several firearms and melee weapon choices.
- Multiple difficulty settings: Easy, Normal, Biohazard, and Nightmare!
- No Internet connection required.
- Search areas, read logs, find keys, and solve puzzles to survive.
- Quality and Performance modes may be selected from Options screen.
- Supports Switch Pro Controller, Joy-Cons in tabletop mode, and HD Rumble.
Outbreak: Epidemic is available for pre-order now and will be released on the Nintendo Switch a week from today – Thursday, October 22 – for $12.74 (15% off). On October 28, the game will return to its original MSRP of $14.99.