Pokémon GO Fest 2020 brings summer adventure to you
Since announcing the dates for Pokémon GO Fest 2020 a couple weeks back, we’ve been so excited to share more details of our first-ever virtual event experience! In the process of developing this new format, we asked ourselves this: What makes Pokémon GO Fest…Pokémon GO Fest? What do Trainers—all of you around the world and us here at Niantic alike—enjoy the most about Pokémon GO live events and, by extension, the game itself? If we had to summarize the answer to these questions in just a few words, we’d have to say community, celebration, and challenge!
Pokémon GO Fest 2020 comes to you
Pokémon GO Fest 2020 will take place over two days. Each day will provide a unique experience as well as a different Special Research story to enjoy. Trainers will be able to participate in both days of the event with one ticket.
- Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Day 1: On Saturday, July 25, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, Trainers will enjoy the following.
- Trainers can access a Special Research story that they can get only on Day 1.
- Five rotating habitats—themed around fire, water, grass, battle, and friendship—will feature special Pokémon that go along with that habitat’s theme. These habitats will rotate every hour, so each habitat will be featured twice during Day 1.
- Trainers will be able to work together in the Global Challenge Arena! This GO Fest–exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. In the Global Challenge Arena, Trainers will have a chance to join forces in order to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Global Challenge Arena screen to keep track of global progress!
- Trainers will be able to encounter over 75 species of Pokémon in the wild, in raids, and by completing Special Research tasks
- Pokémon GO Fest 2020 Day 2: On Sunday, July 26, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, Trainers will enjoy…something very different! We want the Day 2 experience to be a surprise, so ticket holders will learn what we have in store that very day. There’ll also be another Special Research story for Trainers to enjoy.
And that’s not all! Regardless of whether they have a ticket, Trainers in the US can order a commemorative Pokémon GO Fest 2020 T-shirt, available online from Pokémon Center. Visit PokemonCenter.com now to purchase a T-shirt (while supplies last).
There will also be free downloadable and printable paper crafts and decorations to help bring the Pokémon GO Fest experience to life for every Trainer in your household to enjoy. These will be available to download only for a limited time.