Preview: Action Henk Early Access
Run, jump and butt-slide into the glorious toy-filled world of Action Henk! Become a master of momentum and defy physics as you race against a band of ragged 90s action figures to once and for all prove that Action Henk is the fastest of them all!
- Great graphics in which the characters look like animated action figures from your childhood toy box. Talking of toys, The backdrops are brilliant. Putting you in a room with toys all in the background with planes flying around, explosions going off its all very Pixar meets Michael Bay up in here.
- Full 360 pad support.
- Runner game much in the spirit of the Bit Trip Runner series. race against the clock or AI characters, jumping or sliding over the obstacles.
- 90’s theme through out the game with SNES games in the backdrop to the toys in the levels. Its a great, fun atmosphere.
- Catchy soundtrack.
- Unlock new characters by beating them in face off races.
- Unlock new outfits as you obtain medals from finishing levels.
- Decide yourdifficulty on each individual level. Bronze, Silver and Gold medals offer bigger challenges.
- Full online leaderboard support with friends filter.
- The game offers so much replayability as you try and shave seconds off your time.
- Real family friendly atmosphere to it along side the 90s vibe.
- Instant retry button. You can restart from the begininng or from the last checkpoint hit.
- You can play against ghosts of the time needed for the medal, friends ghosts or your personel best time.
- You get a replay at the end of the level.
- Its one of those games where one go is not enough! you have to try beat your time even by micro seconds.
- Keyboard prompts even when using pad.
- Needs a few more music tracks.
- Difficulty spikes and in particular on the one on one events. more so as you cannot adjust the difficulty.
- No Steam achievements or cards yet.
- Would be nice to have the ability to rebind keys on pad and keyboard.
In Summary, Its a dam good start for a game still very much in early access. The graphics and setting are really good with a feeling of play time running through it. The levels already in the game are varied and fun and matched with some tight controls, Hours of fun can be had already. Would be nice to set/save/download best time ghosts and a level editor, but for now just more levels are needed. i have loved what I have played so far even the one one event in which it took me hours to do! The fact I would jump straight back in and watch the AI and try different jumps and bounces just to grab that edge, the game emplores you to try harder and push yourself. This game has potential to really do well and i do wish it luck. its not about winning, its about doing winning in style! you may be fat,forgotten and smeel like week old beer but you van still teach these young uns how its done, Because you are Action Hank and you have been to infinity and beyond!