Preview: Dying Light: Bad Blood (Steam Early Access)
Discover Dying Light: Bad Blood. Get competitive and get the blood on your hands in the all-new brutal royale experience.
- Fantastic graphics.
- Controller support.
- Tutorial video.
- Graphics options- Resolution, Fullscreen, V-Sync, Texture quality, Foliage/shadow quality, View distance slider, AO, AA, Motion blur, film grain, and chromatic aberration effect.
- Battle Royale gameplay.
- You have to collect samples and then escape in the helicopter.
- Weapons- Grenades, Melee, Guns, and axes etc.
- Health and ammo loot to be found including mods and obviously weapons.
- When a weapon is equipped, If you hove over an item it will say if it is worse/same/better than what you have.
- Eye tracking support.
- Controller settings- Invert axis, Vibration, auto aim, sensitivity, and dead zone sliders.
- Can rebind keyboard.
- Post process filters-Red, Blue, Old movie, Macro, 1975, Color poster, Poster, Sepia, black and white and normal.
- Crosshair on/off.
- Tense atmosphere.
- MODS- Find them and select your weapon press a button and attach the mod. Simples.
- Keeps the atmosphere of the original game.
- Full parkour system is back and works just as well, Its really easy to pull off crazy window jumps to slides to scaling buildings.
- Stamina bar system.
- 12 Players with PVE elements.
- Hives- Collection of Zombies will guard these areas as they house samples which you need to level up and escape.
- Minimap shows hive locations at all times.
- Full Nvidia implementation with game highlights, HBAO, PCSS.
- Three character types- Runner, Athlete, and Engineer.
- Customise your character with clothes and weapon skins.
- In the game you earn EXP from samples, You level up which will heal you, make you faster and increase your strength.
- Hunted! Once you reach level 5 (max level) you will appear on all players mini maps and can be tracked.
- To win you need to escape via the helicopter. The helicopter comes when someones hit level 5 or after the time limit expires.
- Multiple heliports and you never know which one is being used until the last minute.
- Huge Goon zombies which are tougher but give loot and samples. Risk reward.
- Stash- Premium loot boxes that you can buy or earn from leveling up. Three tiers- Standard, Epic and Legendary. You get 3 items from a box and pick one to keep.
- Two currencies- Scars (in the game) and blood bucks (premium paid for)
- Two modes- Casual (private/solo and can still earn EXP) and normal (online)
- Can spectate upon death.
- Earn EXP overall and level up to earn loot and stash boxes.
- Can play solo in a private game and still earn EXP, You earn less but who cares.
- Loot has rarity levels.
- Clever level design, Is as much vertical as it is big.
- Loot and hive locations spawn randomly every game.
- Multiple ways to play.
- No duos mode only solos at the moment.
- No Steam achievements yet.
- A lot of hit detection issues.
- The controller is definitely slower.
- Combat VS other players is very messy and feels more luck based than skill.
- Dubious climbing sections.
- Boring uneventful stash opening animations.
- Slow in-game box opening.
- Skins are for particular characters and that point is not made clear.
- Long matchmaking times.
- No weather types or night.
- You can die in the lobby area and lose all pickups.
I see this game less of a Battle Royale and more of a straight multiplayer event. I mean the circle doesn’t move or anything and you have set goals. Either way, I really enjoy this game, I love how its full of tension and every encounter with another player is a challenge in itself. I mean teaming happens and yes it is annoying but who cares because at the end of the day there is only one seat in the helicopter. I really enjoy the level and how the hives system works, Being able to quickly install mods on weapons is a huge bonus. Of course, it is not all smiles. Combat is fine for AI but it is just too slow and sluggish for PVP shenanigans, Every fight feels luck based and ends up with a swing and pray mentality. Loot boxes the premium ones feel lackluster and opening them is very uneventful. Away from that the ability to play on your own and still earn EXP is amazing, I wish they put more effort into the tutorial and that we get weather effects and different level layouts. But if you go for what we have today it is only the combat that lets it down, Everything else is a hell of a lot of fun!