Pumpkin Jack Review (Xbox Series S)
With our Pumpkin Jack Review, every day can be Halloween, Pumpkin Jack is a Spooky Scary 3D platformer in which you embody Jack, the Mythical Pumpkin Lord! Dive into an Epic Adventure through otherworldly landscapes and help the Evil annihilate the Good!
Pumpkin Jack Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 2.1GB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Invert axis and sensitivity sliders.
- Level select section.
- Excellent voice work.
- 3D adventure action gameplay.
- Opening the tutorial segment.
- Checkpoints with health cauldrons.
- Break objects to get health.
- Crow heads-collectible currency for unlocking new skins for Jack.
- Break a box with a candle on it and the fire will spread to other boxes and trees.
- Head-yep at certain points you will just be Jack’s head in a puzzle-orientated environment. You can still jump and attack.
- Combo moves happen as you do attacks in a row.
- Big boss fights.
- Scooby-Doo ass soundtrack.
- Collect and use new weapons with all-new attacks and combos.
- Handy weapon dial to hotswap weapons.
- Real good-looking locations.
- Takes inspiration from games like Crash Bandicoot and Medevil.
- Crow sidekick that you can get to attack enemies for you but also to hit levelers and break down walkways.
- Takes in other game types like endless runners.
- Very accessible.
- Can replay levels.
- Buy skins in the game or at the main menu.
Related Post: Demon Turf Review (PlayStation 5)
Pumpkin Jack Review Cons:
- Combat early on is difficult as it’s hard to deal with multiple enemies.
- Invisible walls in places.
- No HDR settings.
- Boss health doesn’t show.
- A lot of the Collectibles are just on the main path.
- Little in the way of exploration.
- Hard to avoid getting hit by fire.
- The puzzle sections can have bad checkpointing.
Publisher: Headup Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Every day can be Halloween! For Pumpkin Jack is the most Halloween game I’ve ever seen! Pumpkin Jack is a game that harps back to the PlayStation One days with it taking a lot of inspiration from games like Medievil and Crash Bandicoot. It’s a 3d adventure game with a gothic backdrop but it’s the charm, you fall in love with Pumpkin Jack and his antics, the combat starts off annoying but soon becomes a ballet of destruction. Unlock new weapons and combos by defeating the bosses of the world, unlock fancy new skins by collecting the many Crow heads scattered over the world. What I love the most is how well the game looks and plays, its not just all about 3D platforming and combat, oh no it has separate boss fights and puzzle rooms that I produce many different ways to attack the problem. I find games with a homage to older games tend to keep the issues and performances of said games but here it is the complete opposite and one that is just so much fun. Anyone can pick up the pad and get into the action with little to no guidance or help. Replay the levels and find the many Collectibles. Pumpkin Jack is such a joy to play and comes highly recommended to all gamers.