Rain World Review (Steam)
For this Rain World Review, we play as a nomadic slugcat, both predator and prey in a broken ecosystem. Grab your spear and brave the industrial wastes, hunting enough food to survive, but be wary— other, bigger creatures have the same plan… and slugcats look delicious.
Rain World Review Pros:
- Beautiful graphics.
- 4.05GB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Survival platformer gameplay.
- Steam deck compatible.
- Full controller support.
- Graphics settings – resolution, and screen mode.
- 3 save slots.
- Three characters – The Monk, The survivor, and The hunter.
- Beautiful hand-drawn cutscenes.
- Tutorial pop-ups as you play.
- Dark dystopian atmosphere.
- Has a cool wireframe icon system to help with tutorials.
- Hibernation – find a safe space to sleep and regain health along with advancing time.
- The map fills in as you play.
- Bugs can be caught and eaten to regain health.
- Pick up parts of the environment and use them as a weapon to stave off predators.
- Powerful lighting that adds depth, Dread, and atmosphere to it all.
- Competitive local multiplayer game mode.
- Twelve unique locations.
- You need to eat in order to live.
- The characters act like difficulty as they can make the game easier or harder.
- Bestiary fills in as you encounter new creatures.
- Many secret rooms and routes to find.
- Stealth plays a huge part.
- Slight puzzle implementation.
Rain World Review Cons:
- You have to unlock the hunter class.
- Minimal graphic settings.
- Resolution is tied to your pc setting.
- Can be hard to see where you are going.
- The camera is far away.
- No online multiplayer built-in.
- The tutorial is just for controls and basic info.
- The game is very open-ended leaving you to interpret and guess where to go.
- Steep learning curve.
- Takes a long time to get going.
Related Post: Black Skylands Preview (Steam Early Access)
Publisher: Adult Swim Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10