Rainbow Six Siege Patch 1.2 Released
Today Ubisoft are sharing their second title update. Keep in mind that they will be improving with every update. The changes described below will take effect on January 7th 2016.
Please refer to our post about our January 2016 Priority – Fixing Top Issues to see our current plans and steps we are taking to improve the game. Note that this patch, Update 1.2, will not fix all of our current top issues and that we are actively working on fixing them as soon as possible.
GENERAL TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
Updated the server tick rate
With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). This change however has been done in an intermittent fashion and in certain regions only, as we were testing various configurations. We are now satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all users.
Data center selection is now possible
To change their default data centers, users can select their Rainbow Six Game file (usually located in C:\Users\your name\Documents\My Games\Rainbow Six – Siege\your Uplay ID), to select GameSettings.ini. Once opened, in the data center section, replace the word ‘default’ by the region’s short name that you wish to have as your default data center. Then, save the file. The next time you launch the game, your default data center will be the one you have selected.
Refining the quality of PVP matches with more evenly matched opponents
- Added a criteria that increases the odds of pre-made parties being matched against a squad with an equal number of pre-made parties within them.
- Skill criterion originating from the player’s region is now more precise.
Improved connectivity to PVP and PVE matches
- Increased match quality by ensuring players using the same data center get matched together, leading to better ping.
- Improved accuracy of the estimated waiting time while in lobby.
TOP COMMUNITY-RAISED BUG FIXES
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs.
- Ranked matches HUD synch with Casual update has been applied (read: playlist changes from this forum post).
- Did some fixes on an issue in which players would get stuck when walking, running or at the end of a rappel. The player could do other actions and rotate but couldn’t move. However, some bugs are still present so this issue is still being worked on.
LEVEL DESIGN FIXES
- Kanal: fixed a bug in which the red blocker wall was not present on a window in the holding room for Defenders and allowed them to exit their zone during the preparation phase.
- Some lighting issues on maps have been fixed.
- Some minor collision issues have been fixed on House, Clubhouse, Kanal and Russian Café.
ONLINE FLOW FIXES
- Fixed Error [3-0x0001000B].
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to Top Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Partial fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to Top Issues in theKnown Issues post for full information.
- Player skill rank display has been re-activated.
- Authentication pop-up title had inconsistent spacing.
- XB1: Fixed a bug in which if a player constrained the game, snapped an app, then unconstrained the game, he or she would lose the voice chat.
- XB1: Fixed a bug in which the game did not exhibit any audio whilst the player had any app snapped.
- The Season Passes temporary activation for everyone for issue identification purposes has now ended, see this post for more details.
- Fixed a bug in which the Tier 5 faded skin for the FBI’s 5.7 USG pistol didn’t unlock even after purchasing it.