Rainbow Six Siege-Patch Notes – Update 1.3
Ubisoft have released a much smaller patch than we are used to but as you can see from the patch notes, Its an important one.
General Tweaks & Improvements
Cheating countermeasures have been improved further.
Banning policy update: all cheaters detected by the system will be banned permanently. No more three day ban for first offense.
Exploit Fix: Defenders Exiting the Preparation Phase
Added a configuration that allows us to turn ON an insta-kill configuration for Defenders that go outside their zone during the preparation phase (this behavior should not be possible, but if exploits are found, the guilty shall be punished by a swift death!) We will be able to activate this functionality at any time. We will first be testing it on XB1 during the afternoon of January 13th (Montreal time). If it proves effective, we will be deploying this on all platforms later that day.
Top Community-Raised Bug Fixes
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list and that we are only highlighting fixes that were done about the most commonly raised community bugs
Level Design Fixes
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exit their zone during the preparation phase (red wall).When transitioning from prone to standing position combined with putting up a barricade, players were able to go through walls. We believe this exploit is now solved. Please share your experience in this forum thread if you still encounter it after the patch (information we are looking for listed in opening post).
- Partial fix of Error [2-0x00000041]. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Potential full fix of the loading screen freeze (smoke background). Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Potential full fix of the failed data synchronization issue. Refer to the High Priority Issues in the Known Issues post for full information.
- Session authentication operation requests are now using the per data center proxy instead of the dev one.
- Improved error tracking, for easier issue identification from our side.
- Ranked matches reconnection fixes for PC:
- If game was closed by pressing [x] or ALT+F4, the players will not be leaving all sessions any more.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by pressing F10 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Players leaving a Ranked match by quitting with ALT+F4 will now be receiving reconnect & abandon messages.
- Various smaller connectivity and crash fixes.
The Rainbow Six Siege Development Team