Re-Loaded Review (Steam)
For our Re-Loaded Review, where we are introduced to the roll call of shame as Mamma, Bounca, Butch, Cap’n Hands, Sister Magpie, and The Consumer blast their way through six huge blood-soaked worlds to inflict brutal revenge on the supremely evil C.H.E.B. Whether ripping through hordes as a disturbed diaper wearing man with a plasma gun or perhaps as an android nun assassin, you will find a character with skills to match your playstyle. Explore the many ways to paint a room with blood and brains as you navigate the game in many various demented environments. Complete your objectives across multiple levels utilizing a variety of deadly weapons, such as cannons, lasers, and ultra bombs.
Re-Loaded Review Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 408.65MB Download size.
- Full controller support.
- Graphics settings – resolution, test display mode, and color.
- Music type – CD and sampled.
- Game settings – lives, continues, difficulty, and friendly fire.
- Three difficulties.
- Can rebind controls.
- Classic original loading screen showing off Gremlin Interactive.
- Two-player local support.
- The game manual is a Web page and is a direct scan showing us to install the game on DOS!
- Full 3D world.
- Six characters to play as – Sister Magpie, Bounca, The Consumer, Mamma, Butch, and Cap n Hands. Each has unique weapons and movement speed.
- Brilliant nostalgic soundtrack.
- Awesome FMV cutscenes.
- Four-way shooting.
- A lot of gore and blood, it’s heavily pixellated.
- Movements are done with either the stick or the d-pad at any time.
- Action shooter gameplay.
- Very nostalgic.
Re-Loaded Review Cons:
- Rebind controls screen is all keyboard based with icons and such.
- The resolution options are from the era so no 1080 or 720 options here.
- No online multiplayer.
- The manual is just a web page.
- You can only shoot in four directions.
- Cannot turn off the gore and blood.
- The mouse cursor stays on the screen.
Related Post: Gimmick! Special Edition Review (Steam)
Developer: Gremlin Interactive
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10