Review: A Story About My Uncle
A Story About My Uncle is a first person platforming adventure game about a boy who searches for his lost uncle, and ends up in a world he couldn’t imagine existed. The movement is a crucial part of the games core gameplay – focusing on swinging through the world with a grappling hook that gives the player a wonderful sense of speed and…
- The graphics are simply gorgeous, Locations look like they fell straight out of a Hollywood blockbuster film set.
- The voice acting is really well done and adds a lot to the story. You care and want to listen to what they are saying to you.
- The game is all about exploration and mild puzzle solving. you are looking for your Uncle and must follow in his footsteps, The story is told by a father to his daughter ats a bedtime story.
- Full 360 pad support.
- Controls are easy to use. You can run,jump, grapple and crouch your way through the levels.
- You can pull off crazy moves in game and the rule for the most part is, If you can see it, You can get there.
- Multiple routes through levels which are more to the fact that there is no defined path and you make your own way. Markers are placed which were left by your uncle, Your choice if you choose to follow them.
- Handful of areas to unlock and with each one bring great danger. Every level has hidden caves,rooms,tents and platforms.
- Find clues, interact with items to trigger more story.
- Game moes at lightening speed and is comparoble to Portal in a way with the way it controls, movement and brilliant story telling.
- The game offers hours of gameplays.
- Find and trigger checkpoints.
- Easy restart at checkpoint button, instant restart I might add.
- the game brings the atmosphere and is so much fun to play with its clever platforming and grappling mechanics.
- Find new abilities and earn actions like double jumping or double grappling.
- Depending on skill, The game can be finished really quickly.
- Direction can get lost in translation. With so much open freedom, Its only a matter of time until you get lost.
- Difficulty spikes through out.
In Summary, You came for the graphics, You stay for the story. This is a game in which you get so engrossed in the story, The gameplay just accompanies and adds to the experience. The speed is a shock at first but it soon becomes second nature. Just jumping and grappling all around wonderful landscapes is brilliant. Yes I got lost a few times and yes I lost my temper at the occasional un timed jump but the game still makes me smile. i hope we get more game in forms of DLC or a sequel. For now it is a great little romp and if your a fan of free running first person exploration game with little puzzle elements, Then this is for you.