Review: Battlerite (Steam)
Experience the unique combination of top-down shooter meets fast-paced fighting game and challenge friends and foes in a battle of reaction.
- Really cool looking cartoon graphics.
- Opening tutorial.
- Graphic options- Resolution, Fullscreen, Visual quality, FPS limit, AA, Depth of field, SSAO, v-sync, bloom and shadows.
- Free to play.
- Can rebind keys
- HUD scale slider.
- Region picker.
- 1720MB Download size.
- Fast frantic aren battler gameplay. Looks like a MOBA but plays like a deathmatch.
- Play- Casual, League, Private, and battlegrounds.
- Practice- Tutorial, Playground and VS AI.
- Own in game achievements. Earn rewards for completing them.
- Daily quests for loot.
- Over 20 champions atm with more coming. Each one is unique.
- Game launcher option- DX11 or DX9.
- Three character traits- Melee, Ranged, and support.
- Can customise characters with outfits, Weapons, poses, and mounts.
- EXP is earned towards your overall account level and for individual champions.
- Practice area when waiting for a game.
- Loot boxes are earned in game and have sweet opening animations.
- IAP for gear and boxes.
- Loot has rarity levels.
- Very easy to get into.
- Fun to play.
- Can invite friends to your game.
- Seasonal events.
- Three currencies- Gold, Gems, and tokens.
- Can play 2v2 or 3v3.
- The game involves controlling areas of the arena, You can take out your opponents and find health on the field. Think MOBA but only the fighting part.
- No Steam achievements.
- Lacks controller support.
- Feels a bit mindless.
- Little variety of the game modes.
- Matchmaking is hit and miss with either long wait times or unbalanced team allocations.
- A lot of grinding needed to get the best gear or unlock the good stuff.
- A lot of grieving happening in the game.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Ever wanted to just do the team fights in a MOBA like Dota 2 or League Of Legends? Well, Battlerite has your back! Pick from the wide variety of heroes and go online and fight for glory. I personally wish it had controller support but whatever I am weird like that. That aside I enjoy jumping into this game for a few matches when the servers are working properly. It takes a bit of getting used to in terms of character choice and playing with others but at the end of the day, it is a solid arena brawler.