Review: BearShark 3DS
Run, jump and swim for your life, because the top predators of land and sea are hot on your heels! Play as Steve, last of his bloodline, the chosen one. Chosen by Bear and Shark, because they’re hungry! Steve is on an epic journey, cursed by The Programmers to run forever in an endless gauntlet that defies all known hope and logic. Also, get wet and wild with underwater sections!
- Brilliant cartoon graphics with hilarious animations.
- Excellent 3D implementation and does nothing but improve the game.
- Free runner game where you are endlessly running away from a shark and a bear, Hence the name of the game.
- Upbeat soundtrack with brilliant cartoon style sound effects, All the way down to the bell noise the shark makes on his bicycle.
- Really easy controls, Just the one button! and it is really responsive and double jumping is possible without instant death like in other games in the genre.
- Levels are randomized so every time you start a game it will play differently.
- Loads of replay ability.
- Top score is saved and proudly shown on screen at all times.
- Collect pick ups to improve your score.
- Cheap price point.
- Small file size.
- Run on land avoiding all manner of obstacles like rocks, bouncing tyres, sharks on bikes, beach balls the list is a long one. At any point the chase can be taken to the sea! Underwater you must dive and float past the many mines and fish that lurk below, A boos type may appear in a submarine who will fire rockets at you.
- Humour is all through the game and despite the game getting harder and harder as you progress, You cannot help but smile and give out a quick snigger.
- So easy to get into and perfect for quick goes on the train/bus.
- No leader boards
- No multiple save slots or name entry.
- It is another runner game in an already cramped genre.
- You have played a game just like this many times before.
In Summary, Yes it is another runner game and yes there is so many on the market. This one is different, This one has you laughing just as much as it does swearing! The game just looks like a really good cartoon with animations and sound effects that can only tickle you. The price point is cheap, the game play is simple, Yet it lands up with more play ability than some AAA titles. You come back just to see if you can beat your top score or discover new obstacles and backdrops. Its a lovely little game and is a fresh stance on the runner genre. Bright colourful and full of humour, If you ever needed a new game to swear at, This is the one for you!