Review: Bird Mania Christmas 3D
Glide past snowcapped pine trees dashing into enemy birds for crazy bonuses and collect clusters of stars and shiny Christmas baubles. Whisk your way through the icy worlds scattered with candy canes and gingerbread and climb to the top of the online leaderboards. Try not to spoil Christmas and avoid crashing into Santa’s elves in this cheery holiday edition of Bird Mania!
- Big cartoon graphics with good 3D effect.
- Simple controls with 3 options. You can use the d pad, analogue stick or by swiping the screen.
- Full leader board support and can be filtered to friends only.
- Level gets randomised so every game is different.
- Has a strong, “Just one more go” mechanic.
- Basically direct your ever flying/moving bird around the screen, Collecting stars and smashing into other birds as you compete for high scores.
- Strong festive soundtrack.
- Has a load of its own in game achievements which keep you coming back.
- You can speed the game up with a boost which also triggers a multiplier combo.
- The price point is cheap as anything its no excuse not to check the game out.
- Even when Christmas is over, Its still good enough to play.
- Analogue can feel too loose and twitchy whilst the d pad is a bit slow and stiff.
- Can be hard at times to make out what actually kills you.
- The addition of a story whilst very basic, Is not needed at all and would be fine as a complete stand alone.
In Summary, The game is brilliant fun. Its fast and addictive with so much going on. You find yourself losing time to the game and you promise yourself that every go is your last one. The price is so low its in instant purchase territory and the content is there so it stays on your machine. Accessible to all, The game breaks down barriers and allows the whole family to play and compete this season. Go buy it and have some fun!