Review: Blok Drop U
A simple-yet challenging physics-based puzzle game. The goal is to guide the red block down to land safely on the ground while eliminating the gray blocks.
- Simple graphics, I mean as far as great graphics for blocks can be.
- Subtle soundtrack with retro inspired sound effects and level end noise.
- Gameplay is a Tetris style puzzle game with a huge emphasis on physics. Your goal is to eliminate the grey blocks and have the red block land safely on solid ground. So not like Tetris but the Tetris tag is fair due to the appearance and the way the blocks initially line up.
- The physics mechanics is really good and incredibly accurate.
- Short tutorial pop up at the beginning and will show every time you boot the game.
- Simple touch screen controls, Simply tap blocks with your stylus and pop they are gone!
- Small file size-under 100mb.
- Can save and continue or save and quit after each level.
- You can wipe your progress if you so wish.
- Easy level reset option in game.
- Aside from normal blocks and general level services, New additions like bouncy blocks and saw blades make an appearance.
- Off screen play. The game is mirrored on both TV and the game pad at the same time.
- 30 levels of brain taxing fun.
- Cheap price point.
- Free updates incoming with more levels!
- Short game, Like only a few hours at the most short.
- No end game notification.
- Just grates a bit that you have to tap all the grey blocks to finish a level, even if the red block is safe.
- Just the same song throughout the game and it wears thin after a while.
- For about 80% of the game it is pretty easy.
- No score counter or leader board.
- Once finished there is zero re-playability.
In Summary, I really enjoyed this game and despite the limited amount of levels, It was still fun to play and did have me stumped a few times.The dev has come out and said he will be adding more levels through out the year at no extra cost which is brilliant news. I personally wish it had a score board or move counter with leader board support. Just something to give it some re play ability. The cheap price point makes this a gem of a game to have for a bit of casual brain training. Time will fly as you attempt the ever increasing puzzles. Plus you can look at it as an investment as the game will continue to grow and can only get better. Its cheap, Its fun and at times it will kick your ass. Go buy it and have some fun.