Review: Blood Bowl 2 – Legendary Edition (PlayStation 4)
Blood Bowl 2 smashes Warhammer and American football together, in an explosive cocktail of turn-based strategy, humour and brutality, adapted from Games Workshop’s famous boardgame.
- Really nice graphics, Captures and visualise the Warhammer universe perfectly.
- 7.26GB Download size.
- Six save slots.
- Eight new teams- Amazon, Goblins, Halflings, Ogres, Denzins, Vampires, Elven union and Kislev circus.
- Challenge mode- Take on set scenarios.
- Endless league.
- MP- Online expands with more options like the ability to add AI teams.
- Three difficulties- Easy, Medium and hard.
- Three camera options- Blood Bowl 1, Blood Bowl 2 and free.
- Four modes- Campaign, League, Friendly and challenges.
- Opening tutorial with ongoing pop ups and a help section.
- Platinum trophy.
- Turn based strategy game within a football setting.
- Excellent voice work.
- Campaign- Build your own team, Earn money from games and pick who to recruit as well as picking the race of your cheerleaders and maintaining your stadium.
- Awesome atmosphere.
- Autosaves regularly.
- Random events can happen from pitch invasions to the ref attacking players.
- Brutal tackles complete with slow down sequences.
- When you tackle a player it comes down to ststa, Buffs and rolling a dice. This may sound complicated but it is all streamlined and represented clearly with pop ups and icons.
- Risk it! Every player has a set movement length but you can risk it and go a bit further.
- Clear UI with things like percentage of success icons and a grid comes up to help plan.
- Humour throughout the game.
- Fun to play.
- Easy to get into.
- Before each tackle you can see a small vid pop up showing what it looks like.
- Status- You can stun and knockout players.
- 24 teams in total to choose from with each having displayed pros and cons and a 1-5 star rating for difficulty.
- Mixed bag team- New addition where you can play with a set of players from different races.
- Cabal TV- Watch games and replays from the community.
- You can create your own team complete with name, Logo, Uniform, Colours etc.
- Controls are very simple.
- Satisfying gameplay.
- Loading times are quite long.
- Commentary cuts out at times.
- Hard crashes happen.
- Autosaving in menu slows all the menus down.
- No fast forward option when its your opponents turn.
- No extra trophies.
- IAP for money to buy creation options.
- Commentary repeats itself a lot in game.
- Rules are not always clearly pointed out.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
Blood Bowl 2 has just got better! With new races and options the game has changed. Challenge mode really pushes your game to the next level. Blood Bowl is still a brilliant game with such a good vibe going on and really catering to the Warhammer franchise. Its a good way to learn the board game or come in from the board game. I have played both to destruction and really like how they have mangaged to keep faithful to the source material. In short this is an excellent game and the additions within legendary edition are well worth it.