Thousands of aliens, giant spiders, mutant lizards, and more are on the attack – can you survive the onslaught? Crimsonland is a top-down shooter with a touch of RPG. Unlock over 30 weapons and over 50 perks from quirky to brutal. Complete the quest and show your skills in five survival modes.
- Simple graphic style with good looking animations.
- Top down shooter.
- 4 Player Local co op play with drop in/drop out.
- Two main modes, Story and quest. Quest has modes that you unlock from playing the story mode. Quests unlocked are things like survival or one where you only get one gun type to use and must kill as many aliens as possible. Story mode is where you play through a loose cliche story and every chapter has over a dozen levels.
- No scratch bonus is where you finish a level without getting hit, Doing this will get you a star rank on the level select screen.
- unlock loads and loads of new weapons from machine guns to lasers to mini guns to flame throwers. Unlocking the guns in story mode makes them appear as pick ups in other game modes like survival.
- Perks can be unlocked as you play through the game, Every time you level up in survival for example, you get given a choice of a handful of random perks to activate. Perks are powerful and can offer huge benefits like extra health, faster reloading or earn more exp etc.
- End of each level finished in story mode gives you a stat screen showing how you did. Typical stats are steps taen,accuracy,time taken oand kills.
- Survival mode and all the other unlockable quests have there own seperate leaderboards.
- Enemies drop items like perks and weapons.
- huge selection of enemies and in story they follow a them where as in quests they all randomly appear.
- Big gory over the top deaths, Aliens literally blow up upon death!
- Combo counter.
- On screen player/enemy count is really high, giving you a huge challenge.
- Fast frantic game with easy controls.
- Story mode is really slow and as soon as it gets going the level ends.
- Graphics are basic but you suspect this is to keep the high enemy count on screen.
- Shooting is too tight, the small line of sight makes shots a lot harder than it should be.
- Would of benefited from being a twin stick shooter.
In Summary, The game is great fun. The story mode is boring and slow but is nessecary to unlock new weapons and perks that you need for the quests. Survival is the true bread and butter of the game, Increasing difficulty and random perks/weapons through out. Every attempt is a different one and the leaderboard support is excellent. I would like to have seen better graphics but I get why its like it, its to keep the huge player count but still.Its worth a punt if you fancy a decent shooter.