Review: Demon Gaze 2 (PlayStation 4)
Magnastar has spellbound the people of Asteria into obeying him. It is up to you, the Demon Gazer, to wield the power of demons, liberate Asteria’s citizens, and shine the light of revolution!
- Nice Anime looking graphics going for a more cartoon look.
- 4.25GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Character creation- Set your portrait and alignment which can be good, evil or neutral and set your voice.
- Can fast forward cutscenes/dialogue.
- Easy controls, Familiar a to fans but also to new players.
- Multiple choice interactions in cutscenes.
- First person dungeon crawler gameplay.
- Normal and fast fight options. This basically determines the speed of fights.
- In fights, you can simply repeat actions to cut down on pressing the same buttons over and over.
- Five difficulties-Luke warm, warm, hot, burned and incinerated.
- Map fills in as you move around.
- Clear big bright UI.
- Opening in-depth tutorial with ongoing support.
- Turn-based combat.
- Random encounters.
- Clever level design.
- Salvations light- Item that allows you to retry a failed fight once more before game over.
- Gem circle- Use these with a gem to summon a boss to earn rare loot.
- Main hub world where you can interact with NPC, Shop, Blacksmith, Sell and party management.
- Hire and recruit new team members
- Unique one of kind items that can only be earned once.
- Can upgrade gear.
- Many player types from warriors to wizards and assassins.
- Loot is rated on a rarity scale.
- Very easy to get into the game.
- Secret areas and shortcuts.
- Earn EXP and level up to increase stats.
- Slow starter with the first hour is a lot of tutorials and stop-start scenarios.
- The map can be hard to read in places.
- Takes a while to get going story-wise.
- Inconsistent difficulty.
- Forgettable characters.
- Plays and feels just like the last game with the setting the only real change.