Review: Explosive Dinosaurs (Nintendo Switch)
The main objective of this game is to DESTROY FRIENDSHIPS with PURE COMPETITION!!
- Cartoon graphics.
- 168mb Download size.
- 3 difficulties-normal/Hard/Impossible.
- Party mode-unlocks all mini-games, progress saving disabled and prehistory mode is turned off.
- 2-4 local player support.
- Four characters to choose from.
- 40 mini-games.
- Level layouts randomize every game.
- Earn ribbons for feats in a game.
- Can be played solo.
- Each level has a difficulty meter.
- Controls and rules for the mini-game is shown on the loading screen.
- Can favourite games.
- Very much a pickup and play game.
- Games are split across the eras.
- Random game button.
- Games vary from re-imaginings of other games to retro games to fun popular party games.
- Winner screen that can show memes or popular gifs/vines.
- Not fun in single player.
- No online.
- Few hit detection issues.
- Your enjoyment of the games will vary.
- Inconsistent difficulty meters.
- Some games can be hard to play as icons overlap each other.
- Only one control scheme.
- Not the most enjoyable music.
- No counter for player victories.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
This is a game that is just built for pure local multiplayer hilarity! With its simple cartoon graphic style, kids will gravitate towards it and when you add in easy to use controls it’s a game anyone can jump in and play. The library of games is huge and varied from Snake re imaginings to endless runners to flappy bird to maze running, the game really does cater for everyone. I would have liked it to lean into the multiplayer a lot more with victory counters and emotes/taunts but this is minor in the grand scheme of things. It’s hard to think of many negatives, I mean yeah playing it solo is boring as sin but it’s a party game what did you expect? I’m short it’s a must own multiplayer romp kids and adults alike, due to the massive array of games everyone will have a favourite.